Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

ZZP Throttle Body Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Default RE: ZZP Throttle Body Upgrade

i think if i was goign to do the intake anyway i would just hold off to . you will end up being rightthere andit is just another gasket to pul it off at that time

Also look in to pluging that water passage when doing this work it will help keep the air cooler for you to and this will help some also

I have mine pluged and i did notice the TB dont get near as hot in mine now

Old 06-03-2005, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i think if i was goign to do the intake anyway i would just hold off to . you will end up being rightthere andit is just another gasket to pul it off at that time

Also look in to pluging that water passage when doing this work it will help keep the air cooler for you to and this will help some also

I have mine pluged and i did notice the TB dont get near as hot in mine now
Thanks for the tip, I will look into it. What is the purpose of the water passage? Plugging it will not have any adverse effects on the car? How long have you had yours plugged? Has anyone else done this mod?

Old 06-03-2005, 06:40 PM

whenthey made the TB they opend it up so the coolent could run threw it to warm it up to help your heater work better . Not sure if you have seen some of the old chevyes theyused to have a diffrent type of choke set up that would take air from the exghust manifold. what it dose is just heat the air coming in to the motor so your heater works better or heats up the car faster.

i have notcied no effects as far as how well my heater works in my car or even how the car runs

otehr then the car is cooler around the TB and it seems to have a bit more power on hoter days from not ebing so hot where the air comes threw.

and i can atcually tocuh the TB after a day runnng it while it is hot out.
somthign you would not beabel to do ifit was not pluged off or if the hot coolent was runing threw it.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

whenthey made the TB they opend it up so the coolent could run threw it to warm it up to help your heater work better . Not sure if you have seen some of the old chevyes theyused to have a diffrent type of choke set up that would take air from the exghust manifold. what it dose is just heat the air coming in to the motor so your heater works better or heats up the car faster.

i have notcied no effects as far as how well my heater works in my car or even how the car runs

otehr then the car is cooler around the TB and it seems to have a bit more power on hoter days from not ebing so hot where the air comes threw.

and i can atcually tocuh the TB after a day runnng it while it is hot out.
somthign you would not beabel to do ifit was not pluged off or if the hot coolent was runing threw it.
Yep, a definite mod once I install my intake!