Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

7th Gen ('06-'07): sound upgrade/leather seat upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 11:27 PM
Default sound upgrade/leather seat upgrade

hello, first off i am a new member and my name is lucas and i am currently living in houston, tx.
i have an 06 monte carlo lt and i am wanting to upgrade my sound system but i do not want to change head unit. i am fairly good with audio and my plan is to get 2 amps, one for the 6x9 and 6.25" and one for a sub. my first thought is will it be worth the hasle running wires to and from the front speakers all the way to the amp in the trunk. and my second thought is that i dont know if i am just dreaming with this set up, as in im thinking i will run wires from the 2 front doors and from the wires that go into the 6x9 int to the amp input and then back to all 4 speakers from the amp output, and then get one of those adapters to convert the wires going into the 6x9 to tun them into rca and use that as my sub audio input.... sorry if im not making any sense, i didnt kow how else to explain. note: i dont want to change the head unit because i like the stock look and dont really need screen or anything. also i accidentally kneed my aug cable while it was plugged in and it "broke" the aux input, any way to fix it?
and then second, is there any cheap good fitting leather seat covers for the monte? carid has some but not sure of the fit and quality, if not im just tryinh to find a monte carlo at the junk yard with leather seats. i really only care about the front 2.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Hey welcome to the site! Everybody always posts audio questions late at night and I have to work real early tomorow. Im gonna post in here so hopefully I remember to give you a little bit more information tomorow on my break. Basically though just push the front speakers off the head unit. You can get an amp to run the 6x9's and one to run subs then use two line out converters from the stock rear speaker inputs to convert the signal so you can input it into your amps. Then powers wiring and what not. But thats the basics.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum

Old 01-27-2014, 12:20 AM

thank you,thats basically what i was thinking, you just explained it a lot better.