Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

window switch & turn signal question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default window switch & turn signal question?

now before you say anything i did search and couldn't find anything about my problems.

1. the driver power window switch is broken, the actual push up/down botton for the driver window is missing, so i bought a new window switch from Pepboys and that didn't work, it moved my passanger window up and down but nothing happened to the driver side, so i returned it and bought one from the dealer...same problem happened, and again when i went to a different dealer. the thing is that i used my buddy's window switch from his 00 M/C and the driver side window worked perfectly. any suggestions on why this is happenening? i check 2 junk yards by me and both yards bearly have any monte carlos let alone power window switches.

2. my front right side markers don't work, the left one works however. the orange bulb (3057) that lights up the corner doesn't work, and the one beside it doesn't work either the very tiny (168) bulb on the very corner of the headlight.
problem is i changed both bulbs and that didn't help, but the turn signal works tho, when i signal right it blinks normally but no study running lights.
could it be the wiring? the light sockets or a fuse perhaps?

thanks for any help in advance.