Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): well i am going to get this fixed

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 04:50 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy well i am going to get this fixed

well I am getting my ignition fixed in a way.

the dealer said they are going to put on shims on my keys to make the ignition not want to turn when I am driving it. even though it is shutting off just going down a bumpy road and I told them all I have on the key ring is just the key fob nothing else.

the second is the backfire through the intake and a misfire from cylinder 1 I replaced the plugs 15 times and the wires 6 times and the coil pack the same amount of times as the wires.

it is one big pia because I don't want the valves to bend when it does the misfire. also blowing off the heads and the intake manifold. I am going to bring up the recall on the cross over tube for the 3.5 and the 3.9 v6 engines.

also I am going to bring up the hubs there is a recall on them as well I looked up 06 to 07 monte carlo it lists all what I mentioned as well what I had to get fixed under the recalls the head gaskets the power steering lines and the mid shaft balancer. what I can tell when they replaced the last one it is the part that keeps the long half shaft from wanting to bend or warp under load.

I have been checking that part every time I do my oil and trans fluid. it looks like it is still new thank god even though the center of it spins it still functions like it is still new. thank you gm for finally making a good part for our monte's.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by monte07
well I am getting my ignition fixed in a way.

the dealer said they are going to put on shims on my keys to make the ignition not want to turn when I am driving it. even though it is shutting off just going down a bumpy road and I told them all I have on the key ring is just the key fob nothing else. This is a simple thing, glue a insert in the key and add a ring.

the second is the backfire through the intake and a misfire from cylinder 1 I replaced the plugs 15 times and the wires 6 times and the coil pack the same amount of times as the wires. THIS is your mistake, I will explain further as I go thru your post.

it is one big pia because I don't want the valves to bend when it does the misfire. also blowing off the heads and the intake manifold. I am going to bring up the recall on the cross over tube for the 3.5 and the 3.9 v6 engines. Not sure on this one, haven`t seen the recall and Iam looking at the official list in front of me . I will look deeper as the day goes on.

also I am going to bring up the hubs there is a recall on them as well I looked up 06 to 07 monte carlo it lists all what I mentioned as well what I had to get fixed under the recalls the head gaskets the power steering lines and the mid shaft balancer. what I can tell when they replaced the last one it is the part that keeps the long half shaft from wanting to bend or warp under load.

I have been checking that part every time I do my oil and trans fluid. it looks like it is still new thank god even though the center of it spins it still functions like it is still new. thank you gm for finally making a good part for our monte's.

Now this is a very all over the place thread, so I will first concentrate on what I see as a big problem.
Replacing so many plugs ,wires, coils. I am telling you straight up you are the reason: The number 1 reason for a cyl. 1 misfire is the MAF sensor so I seen in your sig that you changed it out... wrong put the original back and in the proper direction and clocked to where it should be.
Next I see another mistake take the E3 plugs and throw them as far away as you can. Get your self at the very least the factory iridium plugs and wires.
once you have done this and have driven the car normally for a week/ 100 miles or so. Post back and we can go from there.