General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Well it didn't just get up and walk away.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Default Well it didn't just get up and walk away.

There is an old saying when you lose something and it goes like this, "Well it didn't just get up and walk away." I don't think thats true with car parts. I just cleaned my air filter and tried to make sure to keep up with all of the little parts. When I went back to put it together I was of course missing one of the clamps on top of the box.

I thought it would be a good topic to start. Anybody else have any annoying stories about losing things on your car?

Old 06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Default RE: Well it didn't just get up and walk away.

[align=center]Hi Evan & Welcome to the MCF[/align][align=center]Your have a great looking Monte Carlo : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I guess that you are not aware of the [/align][align=center]- Ghost of Monte Carlo -[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's a free GM option that comes with all the Monte Carlo's[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]They are hidden into each Monte & they are impossible[/align][align=center]to get rid of....They are related to the Gremlin family : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sorry Evan, I ate your clamp...I was hungry : )[/align][align=center]Now, you have to go to GM Parts & order another one.[/align][align=center]And GM sends me my commission. It's all part of[/align][align=center]owning a Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]______________________[/align][align=center]Above posted by the burned out Beach Gang : )[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 PM

[align=center]Hey Evan, found this in your Air Box[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click on `it...Not 2 Hard [:-][/align]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/6102D1FBC192490E9100A59647D07976.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

isn't that the way it always is..lol..happens to me all the time! lol

Old 06-12-2007, 02:22 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I couldn't stand those freakin clips. I don't know how many times they dropped down onto the floor or somewhere in the engine compartment GRRRR - thank god I got rid of that air box and got a CAI.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:42 PM

clamps, bolts, clips ..u name it
Everytime i work on my car something dissapears. Lets hope the engine doesnt walk away too lol

Old 06-16-2007, 11:00 PM

Ratchets. I have gone through so many 1/2 ratchets I cant keep count.. You set it on something then you lean over and hear the *clunk* noise as it falls into the bay. You look under hoping it fell through then spend hours looking for it. You'll never find it again!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

I couldn't stand those freakin clips. I don't know how many times they dropped down onto the floor or somewhere in the engine compartment GRRRR - thank god I got rid of that air box and got a CAI.
Hey, Amy...I don't see any pics of your CAI set up in your gallery. Do you have any that you could upload?

I build computers on the side. I am always losing the little screws that secure the case doors, hard drives, optical drives, interface cards, etc. That, and the damned TV remote!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

lol! tv remote! yah always losing that! and you never know where it goes! lol

Old 06-19-2007, 12:58 PM

I hate it when I know I put a bolt or a screw down, I go to look for it and its gone,
Then I move the vehicle just to find it on the floor.......

Quick Reply: Well it didn't just get up and walk away.