Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Wanting to get entire car's paint fixed from bumper to bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Wanting to get entire car's paint fixed from bumper to bumper

Basically I got a couple medium sized dents on either rear fender, paint is chipping off in several places, both rear fenders also have nice large long scratches on them. I also discovered some new scratches on my front bumper

Do I get the "problem" areas painted separately, or should I get the entire car re-painted?

Old 03-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

the question i have for you is - How do you see yourself with that car? if a long time then you might want to consider it or if you think there is a chance you might get rid of it sometime then i would pass....painting can be very expensive if you get it done the right way

Old 03-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
the question i have for you is - How do you see yourself with that car? if a long time then you might want to consider it or if you think there is a chance you might get rid of it sometime then i would pass....painting can be very expensive if you get it done the right way
X2 quote from body shop in St.Louis ,Mo to paint a Monte from white to red was $ 5,000 ....

Old 03-18-2011, 11:27 PM
RED DEVIL

if i had to give an opinion tho...i would get a really good detail job to get the scratches out and get a touch up $250-300 compared to $3000-5000 range

Old 03-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

I'm kinda in the same market here aswell, what kinda price would it be to just go around a car and fix maybe less than 10 minor spots on a car? Nothing very bad, just a few scrapes and some rust under the front wheel flaps? I'm gonna take my car down for an estimate, I'm kinda hoping to get everything done for under $1000, I hope?

Old 03-18-2011, 11:37 PM
RED DEVIL

since i buff cars everyday i always say to check with a "good" detailshop and see how much to take the scratches out first (if thats what you are worried about) and seeing that your car is black it might be 150-200 to get it buffed and polished/waxed with no swirls hopefully

The rust you will want to get taken care of asap and if you get just the spot sanded and fogged in with paint/clear i would say nothing over 300-400 for both sides if its surface rust ( if you get paint work done you always want to get it done before you have someone detail/buff so there isnt a contamination problem with the silicone in the buffing compound/polish/wax)

Then if there are any dings or chips just have a professional touch them in and they should look pretty good (i usually get $50-85 for a whole car to touch it up depending on how bad it is)

hopefully i was some help

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 03-19-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member

If it wasn't for the dent's I'm some what relieaved at under 100$ to touch up the entire car...
Thing is I only had one dent the other day and less scratches, my gf backed her imapla into my monte so now I'm like stuck having to get it all fixed.

The dents look like to could be pulled out, I'm hoping that doesn't cost a lot =\

Old 03-19-2011, 12:30 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by iMSeRiOuS
If it wasn't for the dent's I'm some what relieaved at under 100$ to touch up the entire car...
Thing is I only had one dent the other day and less scratches, my gf backed her imapla into my monte so now I'm like stuck having to get it all fixed.

The dents look like to could be pulled out, I'm hoping that doesn't cost a lot =\
if most of your chips are just rock chips and dont need anything more than brush work i would say you are safe at under 100.

PDR can be pretty expensive just cause its so hard to do correctly. Im not too sure what the rates are for a normal PDR job. some guys go by how many dents they gotta pull and some just have a flat rate.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member

I wish I could wake up and my car was brand new...

I have a place in mind where I'm going to take my car, hopefully they are under or around 500$ If I can get my whole car touched up and get the couple dents fixed I'd be relieved as hell.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:39 AM
RED DEVIL

good luck...let us know how it all comes out in the end

Quick Reply: Wanting to get entire car's paint fixed from bumper to bumper