Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Turn Signal Weirdness

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Default Turn Signal Weirdness

Hi all, and happy holidays. I have a '02 Monte Carlo SS. The other day after starting the car, the message center reported "high beam out". I checked the high beams and they were ok. After that, the directionals began flashing very fast when I use them.

I have visually checked all the bulbs, and they all appear to be working.

Shortly thereafter, I discovered my Battery was no good. Ok, replaced the battery. All is well now, except that the directionals still blink very fast. But I've since discovered that they only blink very fast if any exterior lights are on (parking lights, headlights, high beams). With all exterior lights off, the directionals flash at their usual speed. Also, I've checked the Hazard Lights and they are all working properly at all times, regardless of the external lights being on or off.

Usually with a fast blinker, I would suspect a bulb to be out, but this does not seem to be the case here. Also, it happens in both directions, right or left, and it started happening at the same time. It would be extremely unlikely for 2 bulbs to burn out at the exact same second.

Has anyone experienced this type of behavior before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 06-21-2022, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by jimack
Hi all, and happy holidays. I have a '02 Monte Carlo SS. The other day after starting the car, the message center reported "high beam out". I checked the high beams and they were ok. After that, the directionals began flashing very fast when I use them.

I have visually checked all the bulbs, and they all appear to be working.

Shortly thereafter, I discovered my Battery was no good. Ok, replaced the battery. All is well now, except that the directionals still blink very fast. But I've since discovered that they only blink very fast if any exterior lights are on (parking lights, headlights, high beams). With all exterior lights off, the directionals flash at their usual speed. Also, I've checked the Hazard Lights and they are all working properly at all times, regardless of the external lights being on or off.

Usually with a fast blinker, I would suspect a bulb to be out, but this does not seem to be the case here. Also, it happens in both directions, right or left, and it started happening at the same time. It would be extremely unlikely for 2 bulbs to burn out at the exact same second.

Has anyone experienced this type of behavior before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
i知 experiencing the same thing, I知 not 100% sure but I知 thinking possibly a ground issue but will let you know if I find out anything

Old 06-22-2022, 09:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tony Wlison
i知 experiencing the same thing, I知 not 100% sure but I知 thinking possibly a ground issue but will let you know if I find out anything
Last response on this thread was 12 years ago. I would suggest starting a new message thread.