Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Info: Daytime running lights flickering

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 09:25 AM
1 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Daytime running lights flickering

So I installed Putco LED high beam lights in place of my stock bulbs. As you all in the forum know, the high beams work for the brights and also the daytime running light. I noticed one day that the daytime running lights flicker. The high beams work just fine at night with no flickering. I had a mechanic look at them and he said that even the stock bulb flickered and I owned this car for 5 years and never noticed! I tried a new relay already with no luck so I'm wondering what you guys in the forum have to say. Thanks for the help!

Old 02-05-2017, 12:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by AHart87
So I installed Putco LED high beam lights in place of my stock bulbs. As you all in the forum know, the high beams work for the brights and also the daytime running light. I noticed one day that the daytime running lights flicker. The high beams work just fine at night with no flickering. I had a mechanic look at them and he said that even the stock bulb flickered and I owned this car for 5 years and never noticed! I tried a new relay already with no luck so I'm wondering what you guys in the forum have to say. Thanks for the help!
I say a bad connection, more than likely a bad ground...

Old 02-05-2017, 10:39 PM
1 Year Member
1 Year Member

I think I remember the mechanic saying that... I'll check into it! Thanks!