Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Weird problem with turn signals + high beam

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 11:00 AM
Default Weird problem with turn signals + high beam

Attached is a video showing the problem I am having, in the video it shows the high beam out light coming on but I forgot to mention that the actual high beam and low beam is still working on the outside.
Also the vehicle has been scanned for codes and nothing showed up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDcTfozE-cU&feature=youtu.be

Thankyou for any input on this

Old 01-23-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by mrzombiefingers
Attached is a video showing the problem I am having, in the video it shows the high beam out light coming on but I forgot to mention that the actual high beam and low beam is still working on the outside.
Also the vehicle has been scanned for codes and nothing showed up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDcT...ature=youtu.be

Thankyou for any input on this
I don’t have any input, but I did want to let you know my 2000 has been doing the same thing. I replaced the turn signal lights this morning and it stopped fast blinking for a second, then went right back to it when I left work. It looks like one of my fog lights is also out, I’m going to see if replacing it helps and I’ll let ya know.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well if I had to guess you have probably got just some poor ground somewhere or dirty wires to the area. However there is also a relay that could be going bad and that maybe something to check into. Relays are usually under the hood in the fuse box. I don't think you can test them. But you can locate it and replace that item. I would check all the grounds first clean the contacts and if that doesn't work change the relay. Connections are very important when you check this out. Make sure they are tight and clean.
Sometimes if you get a cheap bulb it will make the signal lights go crazy too. I got some once at the box store and worked for about a week and went out and then I went to NAPA and haven't replaced the bulbs since. good luck.