Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Trying to help my son

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Default RE: Trying to help my son

Hello All, been messing with this M/C when I can. So far still the same, now with Key ON possion Dash Electronics, Fan etc all seem to work (no radio to check). No power to engine, can hear fuel pump. Now after replacing Battery and starter, both checked bad. I'm still getting the same thing, I'm not thinking it's the key thing, but I'm willing to try and test anything. Is there away to test the key starter relay? Key it self?

When I was asked to help, I personally thought of starter solenoid. So after trying jumping the solenoid, to try and start motor or at least turn it over. When I found the starter was shot. Pulled it tested it, replaced it and so on. After installing starter, it still wouldn't start car. So to test starter and power I jumped the starter solenoid, it engaged but wouldn't turn over for us. So I've become worried, that he locked the motor up. Long story short, Starter has been re-tested and is OK. New battery, Jumping the solenoid barly turned over engine (but it turned)

I ask your help, so if any ideas and sudjestions would be apperciated, Thank you Rick

Old 01-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Default RE: Trying to help my son

wow im sry to hear that ur problems dont seem to be gettin ne better...hopefully our expert members can help u out more...

and space i just noticed what u wrote, i doubt ill b asked to b a mod, i write to much the way it is, and i was wonderin where all the tp was comin from, i thought sum1 just sucked at tpin lol