Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Traction Control Button

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Traction Control Button

I want to disable my traction control using the button, but it hasn't worked in over a year. I recently tried removing the button itself, taking it appart, and cleaning inside it. Cleaning the metal contacts, as well as both sides of the wiring conector with electrical spray. A possibly related issue is the front 12v cigarette lighter doesn't function either. Do you guys think this is just a dead button, or a much more difficult wiring issue?

Old 04-06-2020, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by WolvenScout
I want to disable my traction control using the button, but it hasn't worked in over a year. I recently tried removing the button itself, taking it appart, and cleaning inside it. Cleaning the metal contacts, as well as both sides of the wiring conector with electrical spray. A possibly related issue is the front 12v cigarette lighter doesn't function either. Do you guys think this is just a dead button, or a much more difficult wiring issue?
in the center console, under the rearward cupholder, there is a cover that could hold the seat warmer switches, depending if you have them or not. under it, there should be a wide connector with 6 pins in it. this contains the circuit for the traction switch and the cigarette lighter port. if its unplugged, thats your problem. if its not, i dont know what to tell you.

Last edited by Freshoutdabox; 04-06-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Freshoutdabox
in the center console, under the rearward cupholder, there is a cover that could hold the seat warmer switches, depending if you have them or not. under it, there should be a wide connector with 6 pins in it. this contains the circuit for the traction switch and the cigarette lighter port. if its unplugged, thats your problem. if its not, i dont know what to tell you.

I know which connector you're talking about, and I've tried troubleshooting it. I've tried cleaning that conector with electrical spray, and I've taken that center console apart at least three times now, so I know it's plugged in. Like you said, I really don't know what the problem is, other than a wiring issue somewhere down the line.

Old 04-13-2020, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by WolvenScout
I know which connector you're talking about, and I've tried troubleshooting it. I've tried cleaning that conector with electrical spray, and I've taken that center console apart at least three times now, so I know it's plugged in. Like you said, I really don't know what the problem is, other than a wiring issue somewhere down the line.
if its not the connector (inline c315), i would try looking for Ground 301, as thats connected to both the switch and the cigarette lighter port