Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

TPM issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default TPM issue

I'm not sure if this would be the right sub-thread but I've been having issues with my 06 monte Tire Pressure Monitor readings. I'm def. due for new tires on my back end so there's a slow leak on one of them.

The dashboard heads up keeps popping up as right front tire low, even though it's the rear left. Could it be the TPM was put back in the wrong location? I thought the sensors auto recognized the position.

Some times the indicator stays on for a day or two even after I filled my tires but eventually goes away. Do I need new sensors or is there something I can reset within the car?

Sorry for the novel hope you guys can help!

Old 02-25-2014, 06:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

on 2008 Uplanders at work we push the unlock & lock on the FOB at the same time with the key on. an start with the drivers front then pass front, then pass rear, then driver rear..

HERE's what found on the net...

TPMS Sensor Identification Codes</h3>
Each TPMS sensor has a unique identification code. Any time you replace one or more of the TPMS sensors or rotate the vehicle's tires, the identification codes will need to be matched to the new tire/wheel position. The sensors are matched, to the tire/wheel positions, in the following order: driver's side front tire, passenger's side front tire, passenger's side rear tire, and driver's side rear tire using a TPMS diagnostic tool. See your GM dealer for service.
The TPMS sensors may also be matched to each tire/wheel position by increasing or decreasing the tire's air pressure. When increasing the tire's pressure, do not exceed the maximum inflation pressure indicated on the tire's sidewall.
You will have two minutes to match each tire and wheel position. If it takes longer than two minutes to match any tire and wheel position, the matching process stops and you will need to start over.
The TPMS matching process is outlined below:

1. Set the parking brake.
  2. Turn the ignition switch to RUN with the engine off.
  3. Using the DIC, press the vehicle information button until the LEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays.
  4. Press the set/reset button to allow the system to learn the tire positions. The horn will sound twice to indicate the receiver is ready, and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message will display. The TPMS system is ready for the sensor matching process to begin.
  5. Start with the driver's side front tire.
  6. Remove the valve cap from the tire's valve stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire's air pressure for five seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which may take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to the tire/wheel position. To decrease the tire's air-pressure use the pointed end of the valve cap, a pencil-style air pressure gage, or a key.
  7. Proceed to the passenger's side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 6.
  8. Proceed to the passenger's side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 6.
  9. Proceed to the driver's side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 6.
  10. After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the driver's side rear tire, the tire learning process ends. Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
  11. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the tire and loading information label.
  12. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.

If this does not resolve your concern, you may need to have the Remote control door lock receiver replaced. GM has a bulletin out about this concern and I have replace many recivers due to this. I'll give you the bulletin for you to review.

#07-08-52-001B: Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Inoperative, Poor Range, Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) Message Displayed, Remote Vehicle Start (RVS) (Replace/Reprogram RCDLR, Replace Antenna and Transmitters) - (Jun 19, 2007)

Subject:Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Inoperative, Poor Range, Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) Message Displayed, Remote Vehicle Start (RVS) (Replace/Reprogram RCDLR, Replace Antenna and Transmitters)

Models:2006-2007 Buick Lucerne2006-2007 Cadillac DTS2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo

Old 02-25-2014, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Jerry, I actually learned from the forum when I first joined that my receiver needed to be replaced since my unlock and remote start only works from 5 -10 feet away... but GM wants to charge me $175... I don't know if it's worth the price for the convenience.