Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

super batt drain issue! help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Default super batt drain issue! help!!

ok so Im on here because my girlfriend has a 02 ls and ive been slowly doing stuff to it here and there and every problem or idea or info ive needed ive came here and you are all very top notch and i love this site so thank you already.
now, she said its been starting kinda slow and thurs left work at 6 started fine, went to leave at 9 and dead
fri lunch i got a new batt put it in started right up 14.5v at idle (radar det has digital v read) turned it off n left
came home about 6 and its dead so i charge it up and watch a v guage a lil
when key is on acc, v is solid as a rock no movment nothing , you put key to on and it instantly drops off about .1 a sec, you can literaly count down w it till everything just stops. it went from 12.5 to 8 in less than minute
ive checked the radio wires n amp wires nothing seems shorted or anything, today im gonna pull dash, pull radio, amp, and ive read on here the "bcm" likes to go out.
Where is the bcm at?
idk what could be draining it so fast w it that fast it would almost have to be a direct short from something ran on ign
i need help!!!