Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Sticking Windows

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Default Sticking Windows

Both driver and passenger door windows would rub and stick on my '95 MC this fall. So I sprayed the window channels with low temp white lithium grease. Now that it's cold, the windows are sticking worse. I've noticed that there's a lot of play when I move the window. Do these window channel or regulators wear out? Any ideas?

Old 01-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Default RE: Sticking Windows

yes those parts are wearabel. but mostlylike you need to realine the windows . with in the track there are several things that can casue the windows to shudder goign up or down.

but those regualtors cn go bad and i think it would be those more thent he track. that track is pretty hard to wear out. i hav erestored 1940 cars nad truck and never replace the tracks just new felts and realine and greases

Old 01-27-2007, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

yes those parts are wearabel. but mostlylike you need to realine the windows . with in the track there are several things that can casue the windows to shudder goign up or down.

but those regualtors cn go bad and i think it would be those more thent he track. that track is pretty hard to wear out. i hav erestored 1940 cars nad truck and never replace the tracks just new felts and realine and greases
Thanks for the reply.
It seems like the window "***" (The word ***** is censored) side to side (towards the front and back of the car) as it rises when it jams.
I checked the factory manual and the window channel is replaceable. I don't see any other parts that would cause this problem yet. I'm going to take a closer look at it today to see if I can find the problem.
jogasz28

Old 01-27-2007, 05:29 PM

check at the bottom of the trax see if there is a bolt there that has a adjustment there. IF so try loseing it up and shifitng it forward some and se if it will help you some. dont get to tight or it will not move LOL

but front to back as in to the front of the car to the back of the car this would be where i would look

Old 01-27-2007, 07:41 PM

check at the bottom of the trax see if there is a bolt there that has a adjustment there. IF so try loseing it up and shifitng it forward some and se if it will help you some. dont get to tight or it will not move LOL

but front to back as in to the front of the car to the back of the car this would be where i would look
Can I see or get to the adjustment bolt without taking the door apart?
jogasz28

Old 01-27-2007, 08:47 PM

most of the time they are in the lower inside of the door and there might be one on the out side of the door but either way it will be behind the door pannel to get to them.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:02 PM

most of the time they are in the lower inside of the door and there might be one on the out side of the door but either way it will be behind the door pannel to get to them.
My Son cleaned out all of the supposedly "low temp" lithium grease and lubed the channel with Dri-Slide (a graphite based liquid lube). It seemed to work. We'll see for how long though.
I thank you for your reply.
jogasz28