Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Info: Some great Service & Maintenance Information with Photo's in color

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 07:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Some great Service & Maintenance Information with Photo's in color

This was something I picked up at the Chevy dealer the photo's show the area that needs service and what you need to do to keep it in good shape.

Power steering

Transmission Service

Bateries

Fuel system

Cooling and Brakes

HVAC & Oil

Old 11-14-2018, 08:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice find.

The HVAC one gets me. Clean the Evaporator Core??? I'll get right on that one.... In most vehicles these days, that is in a difficult spot to do anything with. I changed it in my 2004 Monte. Good luck getting access to it without pulling the entire dash apart. I don't see that being cleaned anytime soon....

But outside of that, lots of good info and things to pay attention to. If you want to depend on the car and enjoy it no matter what your driving style is, keep up on the maintenance! Truth!

Old 11-14-2018, 11:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Nice find.

The HVAC one gets me. Clean the Evaporator Core??? I'll get right on that one.... In most vehicles these days, that is in a difficult spot to do anything with. I changed it in my 2004 Monte. Good luck getting access to it without pulling the entire dash apart. I don't see that being cleaned anytime soon....

But outside of that, lots of good info and things to pay attention to. If you want to depend on the car and enjoy it no matter what your driving style is, keep up on the maintenance! Truth!
I know the evap core would be difficult. However they are promoting additives I didn't include the company name. but i will provide it here ZAK check the website if you want to. So many of the newer group have troubles with the car. From the way they describe the issues they never had the privilege of a shop class. So I did, plus my Dad was a mechanic, and I had a bunch of friends that were too. So sometimes you just know what to do. But sometimes not. My son in law has a problem with his car I say lets check it ans see what we can do. He is ready to take it to the Garage. Now he sold his Monte Carlo and got an old GM 4 door. Now he also purchased a Tesla so he has 4 vehicles now. And doesn't know anything about what to do with them.