Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

SERVICE ADVISORY - 2006 Monte Carlos

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:12 AM
Default RE: SERVICE ADVISORY - 2006 Monte Carlos

I took my LTZ in for tire pressure and remote start issues today.
They ended up replacing the module and fobs again. This is the second time around with this issue

As far as steering, headlights ect I am not having any of those. So far after17 months the only issues that I have had
has been the tire pressure and remote start.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 PM

Took my car in today with the left front monitor not working and complained about the remotes, and now scheduled for Monday, 14 Jan to get it all fixed. Also getting the driver seat latch button replaced after it busted off. Cheap plastic parts.!!

Old 01-11-2008, 01:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Greeny

Took my car in today with the left front monitor not working and complained about the remotes, and now scheduled for Monday, 14 Jan to get it all fixed. Also getting the driver seat latch button replaced after it busted off. Cheap plastic parts.!!
LOL, it took two months for my seat latch button to come in.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:07 PM

2nd time around for the seat latch. Last time I had it in, they had ordered the wrong part. Duh!!

Old 01-19-2008, 03:37 PM

Took the car in on 14 Jan. They replaced both key fobs, the receiver, and the antenna. All under warrenty. Now the remote start and remote unlock will work from 150 ft away. The back seat latch parts were wrong once again. Reordered them again. Third time is a charm!!

Old 02-09-2008, 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Greeny

Took the car in on 14 Jan. They replaced both key fobs, the receiver, and the antenna. All under warrenty. Now the remote start and remote unlock will work from 150 ft away. The back seat latch parts were wrong once again. Reordered them again. Third time is a charm!!
Well, spoke to soon! Remote start worked 2 times from a distance, and now it's back to 30-40 ft before starting. Door locks from a distance but won't send a signal to start the car. Back to the shop!!

Old 02-09-2008, 03:20 PM

When you meet the Finance Guy ... you're at the point where you are "Buying a Payment" ... you're not buying the car from him. The Salesman sold you the car. The F-&-I Man is fitting you into the Payment you can afford!

Old 08-27-2008, 10:56 PM

Well I'm right there with you. Had the FOBS and the Antenna replaced. They work fine now. Am waiting for Cadillac of Germany to authorize Opel to do warrenty work on the following.

Warped rotors.
Power steering system overpreasurizing & leaking.
Airbag light.
Rack poping ( will have to go through the whole lub BS).
Uses 1/4 qt of oil every two weeks.
Transmission acting as if it is going out when I drive the car hard then problem goes away after I kill the car and let it cool.
Wind noise from sunroof.
Drivers side seat is slightly loose.

THINGS I AM GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR
Missing rubber bumper on gas tank lid
Missing rubber boot on brake bleed port
Missing plastic fastener on front bumper moulding
Drivers side seat leather has small crack
Bent rim
Improper wheel weights put on wheels
New tires
30,000 mile service is around the bend
Multiple Paint chips on front of car (will get a bra when I get these fixed)
New wiper blades

Well I'm in a bad mood now. I am iritated that we all have to go through this. It just makes it seem like the entire fleet is a bunch of lemons.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:25 PM

Sorry to bring this thread back again but I just bought a 2006 SS and have the remote start problem and tire pressure monitor system error. I took it to the dealer and they said the car is out of the factory warranty so it would cost me some where around $700, this is crazy. Anyone know if there is a way to do it myself? of or a cheaper way out?

Thanks
Mike

Old 01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How many miles are on the car?

If above 36,000 they're right. And when the factory warranty runs out depends on when the car originally went in to service.

My '06 LTZ wasn't put in to service till after april 10, 2006. So my factory warranty doesn't run out till then. My car has 14,503 miles on it right now so it won't be a mileage thing when the factory warranty runs out.

At that time I'll find out how good the extended warranty I paid is? (or not)

Quick Reply: SERVICE ADVISORY - 2006 Monte Carlos