Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

SERVICE ADVISORY - 2006 Monte Carlos

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default SERVICE ADVISORY - 2006 Monte Carlos

The Mod that control the Air pressure sensors and Remotes is bad. I noticed by air pressure sensor needs service flashed across my display for a fraction of a second and then my remotes (i was thinking batteries) was getting weak quickly. So I took it in and there is a Service Advisory on this and the $437 repair was FREE under warranty. If you notice your remotes are not working well, you might want to take it in and get it checked.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Default RE: SERVICE ADVISORY - 2006 Monte Carlos

[align=center]Hi Craig,[/align][align=center]Thanks for your post, & reminder to take my Monte in for that problem : ([/align][align=center]Plus more (Tire Pressure Monitor, Headlight cover's again -fog'in up blemished-,[/align][align=center]Passernger Window frozen, lose driver's seat, lose panels, fog light short,[/align][align=center]eating rear bulbs, OnStar antenna need tightened, Power steering leak,[/align][align=center]rattles + MPG average went from 24MPGto 16 MPG (SameE.Z. Beach[/align][align=center]Driving +more stuff: ) [X(][X(][X(][/align]

Old 09-13-2007, 12:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Thanks, I am going in Monday for a list of new issues:

Broken A/C vent.

Bad pressure sensor on one tire.

Loud constant clicking (relay) noises from under dash that last for a minute or 2.

Broken passenger rear seat latch.

Missing rubber stopper for hood.

...and the remote is starting to give me problems.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:55 PM

[align=center]GP `Dave & Member's,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I have less then 10K miles, & all of a sudden [:@][X(][:@], everything seems[/align][align=center]to be falling apart : ( I'm just glad it's covered under warranty : ),[/align][align=center]but it's a pain to get it in the shop : ( I like to stay with my car when[/align][align=center]they work on it, but I just don't have the time now.[/align][align=center]I hope other MCF member's aren't hav'in the gremlin attack on your Monte's.[/align][align=center]Now, I wish I had a 100K bumper 2 bumper Warranty like GPD: )[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 09-13-2007, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][align=center][/align]Now, I wish I had a 100K bumper 2 bumper Warranty like GPD: )[/align][align=center][/align]
According to my dealer Space, GM will sell you the warranty up before 3 years or 36k miles.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Photobucket

I am a F&I Manager for Chevrolet Dearlership. You can purchase an extended contract as long as you have at least 3-months & 3,000 miles left on your original warranty. But the price goes up after 12,000 miles, 24,000 miles, and 30,000 miles. After each interval, you can count on doubling the cost.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Hi Craig, Thanks for your post, & reminder to take my Monte in for that problem : ([/align][align=center]Plus more (Tire Pressure Monitor, Headlight cover's again -fog'in up blemished-, Passernger Window frozen, lose driver's seat, lose panels, fog light short, eating rear bulbs, OnStar antenna need tightened, Power steering leak, rattles + MPG average went from 24MPGto 16 MPG (SameE.Z. Beach Driving +more stuff: ) [X(][X(][X(]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=left]24MPG... I have yet to get any better than 15.7 MPG with mine since I bought it. I would be in second heaven with 24-MPG!!! I have noticed the car burns a lot of gas when it idiles... like waiting for my daughter to get out ofchearleading practice.[/align]

Old 09-13-2007, 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

I am a F&I Manager for Chevrolet Dearlership. You can purchase an extended contract as long as you have at least 3-months & 3,000 miles left on your original warranty. But the price goes up after 12,000 miles, 24,000 miles, and 30,000 miles. After each interval, you can count on doubling the cost.

OH!!! Are you the guy at the financedeskthat says, "Are you going to buy the car or are you just wasting my time?"

Old 09-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Photobucket

[quote]ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

OH!!! Are you the guy at the financedeskthat says, "Are you going to buy the car or are you just wasting my time?"
ROTFLMAO!

No... I'm the guy who says, "What, you need time to think... Sammy, Dino, do me a favor and take Mr. Doe for a walk so that he can think. Bring him back when he clears his head, or don't... What? You're ready to sign... Good Choice!"

Old 09-13-2007, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

ROTFLMAO!

No... I'm the guy who says, "What, you need time to think... Sammy, Dino, do me a favor and take Mr. Doe for a walk so that he can think. Bring him back when he clears his head, or don't... What? You're ready to sign... Good Choice!"
LOL! Believe it or not, that is what the finance guy told me.

If the LTZ wasn't on sale for $17k, I would have walked out.

Quick Reply: SERVICE ADVISORY - 2006 Monte Carlos