Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Radiator Help, Quick Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 09:59 PM
1 Year Member
Default Radiator Help, Quick Please

Ok, long story short, I ran a screwdriver through my radiator. In looking for a new one, there is the option of with or without bevel washer to cooling fittings. What does that mean? How do I tell which I have? Mine has the cooling lines that have to be bolted to the radiator.

I'm finding them on ebay and another website, automotix.....anyone else know of where I can get one quickly and cheaply?

Thanks.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:00 AM

I had to bite the bullet and buy another radiator "New". I was advised not to buy a used radiator because of the wear and usage it has and do not know when it will fail. So I bought mines off of autozone.com which was $170. I know that's a lot but I don't have no overheating nor not having heat problem. As far as the the fittings, I just change the radiator instead of choosing which fitting to buy. When (or if you do it yourself) you change your radiator, make SURE you replaced all the bolts and screws back how it was before the removal of the original radiator.

Btw, don't buy off of ebay for cheap radiators, they are not american made and will malfunction on you. Watch what you buy! Do your homework on what radiator to buy and where from...