Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

radiator-please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Default radiator-please help

ok this is not for the monte but my bro got stuck yesterday and tried to hook a chain to pull his car out of the snow,well though he knows nada about cars he hooked the chain to the damn radiator,but not the radiator itself but some metal hose coming from the bottem left side and i have no idea what its called or for.i havent had a chance to look at it other then in the dark last night.its a 2000 grand am any help be great

Old 02-07-2008, 04:52 AM
Default RE: radiator-please help

ORIGINAL: jay26

ok this is not for the monte but my bro got stuck yesterday and tried to hook a chain to pull his car out of the snow,well though he knows nada about cars he hooked the chain to the damn radiator,but not the radiator itself but some metal hose coming from the bottem left side and i have no idea what its called or for.i havent had a chance to look at it other then in the dark last night.its a 2000 grand am any help be great
Hi `Jeff,
It's early morning, & I just got off my night shift, but I am confused
by your post ? LOL
Is your question "What is the metal hose ?
Could be the plumbing for the AC ? (Guess: )
Sure hope there's not much damage, but please post more `infor.
Good Luck, `Space

Old 02-07-2008, 05:07 AM

[align=center]Hi Jeff, I don't know if this link will help or not,[/align][align=center]but it may give yousome idea on parts concerning the radiator.[/align]
[:-]
2004PontiacGrand AM
Sedan, 4-Cyl, Automatic, FWD
Radiator Core Support
i need the lower radiator support for this vehicle
[align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.automotix.net/partshotlin...-requests.html[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 02-07-2008, 05:10 AM

yeah my question is what is it,he said he heard a hiss after it broke.no fluid though on the ground

Old 02-07-2008, 05:23 AM

[align=center]Hi `Jeff,[/align][align=center]I'm just guessing, & I hope that you can check it out[/align][align=center]in the daylight and post amore details/decription of damage.[/align][align=center]Hopefully, one of our members has knowledge on this subject.[/align][align=center]Below site has pictures & Radiator parts.[/align][align=center]Hope it helps...Good Luck[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A/C Accumulator/Drier [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.discountacparts.com/viewpicture.asp?partid=60-30812%20%20&code=[/align][align=center]Below has nine pages of various auto A/c Pics[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.allworldautomotive.com/Ai...s-c3001-1.html[/align]