Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

quick simple question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:21 PM

ok so the acdelco iridium 41993 come gapped at .060 and from research i need a .045...

all the plugs the local stores sell are gapped at .060 for the 3.4 DOHC an after researching plugs im choosing the iridium for longevity while not sacrificing too much performance but they are not gappable since the tip is so tiny and fragile

copper gives the best performance while not lasting long

iridium you lose some performance but gain longevity

platinums you lose alot of performance while gaining alot of longevity

soooo does anyone have a part number i could look up for an acdelco iridium plug that comes gapped at .045 for the 3.4 DOHC

or do you think if im carefull enough i can reduce the gap without snapping off the tiny iridium tip? at 6.99 a plug i really dont want to go fudging up the plugs at the tune of another $45

hope to get some help from some of you professionals out there, ive had this car for 3 yrs now and have replaced so much and every step of the way it seems this engine has to be so specific or it wont run correctly.......god i miss the old 350 v8s

also if i seem to be being a dick i appologize, i suffer from an anxiety disorder so when i get on a roll you just have to give me a min to take a xanax an calm down....i absolutly love this car but its perticularity to parts drives me crazy sometimes.......an i just recently got sticker shock on the price of plug wires......wires for my bronco are only $20 an no big deal these cars take these special $100 plug wires that almost had me clenching my chest after the price quote at the parts desk...also these wire do need changing since at night with the hood up it looks like a light show arcing all over the place

HELP me PLEASE!!! LOL

Old 01-31-2013, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by 3.4Dually
i steer clear of the stealership......i recently changed out my crank sensor an needed a crank position relearn procedure which they charged me $300 just to plug into the car an push a couple buttons....took the tech like 10 mins an cost me a fortune thus the reason i do all my own work, then i know its done as cheap as possible while still being done the proper way.....

Wyotech and 10yrs on job experience helps......but sometimes it helps to hear from other experienced techs too, you can never stop learning
Do you work for free? We have writers, tech, parts guys, wash guys to pay. Equipment to pay for. Hell, that scan tool alone is over $5k. Don't like it, then don't go to the dealer. No need for everyone to constantly bash us. Not like we want to work on a 15 year old car anyway.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by 3.4Dually
ok so the acdelco iridium 41993 come gapped at .060 and from research i need a .045...

all the plugs the local stores sell are gapped at .060 for the 3.4 DOHC an after researching plugs im choosing the iridium for longevity while not sacrificing too much performance but they are not gappable since the tip is so tiny and fragile

copper gives the best performance while not lasting long

iridium you lose some performance but gain longevity

platinums you lose alot of performance while gaining alot of longevity

soooo does anyone have a part number i could look up for an acdelco iridium plug that comes gapped at .045 for the 3.4 DOHC

or do you think if im carefull enough i can reduce the gap without snapping off the tiny iridium tip? at 6.99 a plug i really dont want to go fudging up the plugs at the tune of another $45

hope to get some help from some of you professionals out there, ive had this car for 3 yrs now and have replaced so much and every step of the way it seems this engine has to be so specific or it wont run correctly.......god i miss the old 350 v8s

also if i seem to be being a dick i appologize, i suffer from an anxiety disorder so when i get on a roll you just have to give me a min to take a xanax an calm down....i absolutly love this car but its perticularity to parts drives me crazy sometimes.......an i just recently got sticker shock on the price of plug wires......wires for my bronco are only $20 an no big deal these cars take these special $100 plug wires that almost had me clenching my chest after the price quote at the parts desk...also these wire do need changing since at night with the hood up it looks like a light show arcing all over the place

HELP me PLEASE!!! LOL
OMG dude, just take your car to mechanic if you do not have mechanical experience. This has definitely not turned out to be "a quick simple question."

Old 01-31-2013, 05:15 PM

I'd help, but not after your cutesy stealership comment. You can figure it out yourself. Call Wyotech and see if they can help.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 PM

well it wouldve been a quick simple question if someone wouldve just givin a brand and part number thats ACTUALLY OEM for these cars but no, no help here just bash here bash there and go to a mechanic........forget that ive always done my own work an have never had a problem till i got this car, ive rebuilt engines and currently work at a reputable shop rebuilding automatic transmissions and transfer cases all day

why the hell would every auto part store list plugs with a plug gap of .060 as OEM for this car if they are actually supposed to be gapped at .045....an how the hell am i supposed to gap a plug that specifically states DO NOT REGAP or you could damage the tip

if you 2 dont like the thread then stay the hell off it an let someone KNOWLEDGABLE chime in an lend a helping hand, not someone who say "i just take mine to a mechanic" and probly gets raped for the labor like every other chum that dont do their own work....and another who obviously works at a dealship which yeah i undstand that gm tech scanner is $5k an what not, i did pay them to do it even after i had the chance to deny them to work on it after the quote.......like i said i have nothig against dealerships i just wont have one work on my vehicle when i can do the work myself EXCEPT certain things like programing BCMs and relearn procedures

im just looking for some help not a b**ch fest come on guys a little maturity would help too....i too have worked at my local chevy dealership but quit since my manager kept screwing me out of money by having me start the job then as the last part was going back on he would move me to another customer vehicle which ment i lost my comission/bonus/tip for that vehicle.....this dealership didnt pay by the hour from the book like most do its privately owned by a dick.......maybe youve herd of them CASTRIOTA CHEVROLET

help or dont its up to you

Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thread closed!