Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

POWER WINDOW

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Default POWER WINDOW

THE UP AND DOWN SWITCH DOES NOT WORK TO GOOD WHEN PUTTING WINDOW UP IS THE SWITCH HARD TO REPLACE. 2001 MONTE

Old 04-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Default RE: POWER WINDOW

I've not had to pull my door panel but I have pulled many other door panels. Should be an easy deal. I'd bet Mickey would have better insight to the difficulty of this first hand.

Old 04-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Default RE: POWER WINDOW

i heard you talking about me again Monte LOL

they are easy as hell the biggest thing is when you pull the door panel off be careful to make sure the window is down .

Then just take the panel off the door but don't try to go to far with it as the wiring harness in there is not real long.

the window switch will hang you up if you try to.

the plugs are in my opinion put in back wards so they are kind of a pain in the **** to get to . but take your time and a small screw driver and push in on the release on them then pull them straight off.

Also the one for the door locks will stay on the Handel pull. I leave min on the door just undo the screws so it will fall off the door and take it off the Handel. then turn it flat and it will fit threw the same hole it covers when your taking off the panel.

to get the switch it's self off the door panel support the panel its self on a bench or something solid. turn it upside down. you will see a place where you can get ahold of it with your thumb. on the front side . do the back side first take your small screw driver and stick it in there so you don't break the tab off but your releasing it from the panel then use your thumb to pull it out.

by doing the back one first it should snap out of there easier. (mine do anyway) other wise you will get the one side out the other one wont release for ya and your fight it for half the day . (been there done that NO FUN)

this all sounds harder then it really is. it is actually about a 20Min job taking your time to bereal careful not to break the plastic clips that hold it all to gather.