Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Parking brake fail

Old 11-29-2018, 10:16 AM
Default Parking brake fail

My parking brake failed recently when the cable broke at the connector in the right rear wheel, how do I re attach it to the caliper/brake assembly?

Old 11-29-2018, 11:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile I don't think Gorilla Glue will work for that repair?

I don't think Gorilla Glue will work for that repair? However I have attached a link page that has all kinds of info on it.
I would imagine you will need to replace the entire cable from the front to the rear.
If the back was bad the whole thing is bad.
You just don't think much about that Ebrake only time I really use it is when I change the Oil and I have the car on ramps

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...nt=firefox-b-1

Old 11-29-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3 View Post
You just don't think much about that Ebrake only time I really use it is when I change the Oil and I have the car on ramps.
I tend to use it a lot as I park on a lot of slopes and I read this transmission can get park locked pretty bad, it broke after I've only had it 13 days on my driveway, what luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.