Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Ok im getting tired of this

Old 07-02-2015, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Ok im getting tired of this

Do any one her know how to get the door opened on a 6th gen whe the door is locked closed permanently? It won't open what's so ever I've checked everything I can I still can't get the door open. The door lock actuator screws are on the outside of the door and so are the hindges. The door has to be open for them to come off..... Well I can't open my door so now what? If there is no solution to this then i'll just go buy a replacement door for the junk yard and plasma cut my existing door open.

Any other idea/suggestions are welcomed, If I don't fix this issue I know for a fact i'll just burn this car to the ground with some gasoline and matches.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Strange...
As there isn't a door I know of that I couldn't open...
Have you tried a slim jim?... clothes hanger? or even wedging the glass/door back enough to unlock it? Where theres a way theres a will!

Old 07-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

If your door is shut and you can't open it even if you have unlocked it, there are some locking rods inside the door that may have broken off or fell off.
This happened to an Oldsmobile I owned once, I could get into it thru the doors window.
The fix would have been to go inside remove the drivers seat and then remove the door panel inside and repair the rod.
I just gave up on the Car. I only used it as a Hunting car anyway but when all 4 doors went bad that was enough.
I sold it to a guy for $75.00 It was a touring sedan and he loved it, he was a graduate of Wyo-tech and later he had it all fixed and had electric latches on it.
If you have the keys you can enter the Trunk, push down the back seat and then get inside to see if you can open it from the inside.
Otherwise you may not want to try all this it is pretty labor intensive, the Car dealer at the time want $400.00 per door to fix it car wasn't worth that much. good luck!!

Old 07-03-2015, 06:17 PM

Ok the door just doesn't open up anymore suddenly one day. I went to a gas station got out through the driver side and pumped gas and when I went to go back in it wouldnt open from outside or inside. The door is unlocked and eventually I managed to get the interior panel off of it to inspect. All seems like is working but the latch won't release. I just about tried every possible option to get opened but all have misribly failed. I get in the Monte now through the passenger side but I'm planning on just taking a cut off wheel or a plasma cutter and cutting the outside skin of the door where the actuator is and forcibly cutting the actuator off and replace it with another door.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

You might try to stop at the local Chevy dealer and have them print you a door schematic and then you could find it maybe.
Just an Idea.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Leave the window down and enter/ exit Dukes of Hazard style! Leave the Confederation flag off the roof tho.

I'm sorry for the wise crack - I know you are frustrated. But a friend of mine had the same problem with a Golf and that was his solution

Old 07-04-2015, 07:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Try having someone pulling on the door latch from outside and you inside braced and kicking the door as hard as you can to see if it won't pop open.