Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Man i'm tired of this

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 12:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default Man i'm tired of this

Don't get me wrong I love summer. But all this HUMID weather sucks! I really don't mind HOT weather. But the humid crap takes it's toll a lot quicker on me. I can't wait till fall. At least then you can spend alot of time outside and not Kill yourself. I think it's harder on us older guy's. . I never use to bother me before like it does now. as you know I just got my Monte back from the painter's a week ago. Now I'm trying to wax all of it. And just detail it. I use to live for this stuff. Now it's harder then I remember it being. Oh it's still fun to slide a rag or old bath towel across the hood and watch keep sliding off. But it sure seems like a lot more work then it use to. I just came in for a bite to eat. Sweating like an old horse. Going to cool off & get it finished. Just had to share my feelings at the moment

Old 07-29-2011, 12:11 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ohh yeah this weather does suck, its even worse sence i work out side, & it deff makes detailing a chore ive just been doin lul sections & than go inside to cool off for a bit

Old 07-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The humid weather sucks now that Iam 51 , years ago it didn't bother me.
at last nite's concert, Uncle Kracker,Billy Currington,Kenny Chesney at Verison Amphitheater, it was HOT,Humid,HOT,Sweat, but I still had a good time and the wife loved it ..

Old 07-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i wouldn't say age is much of a factor, i'm only 17 and the humidity drives me up the wall, especially being a photographer of sorts, having to wait for your lens to defrost is a pain. Makes it a bigger chore trying to get my monte looking good

Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 PM

1 Year Member

I've been in Missouri during the summer time. No Thanks. On the way back from Sturgis yrs ago. I had a battery in my Harley go bad. The shop in St Louis helped me out big time. But man o man was it humid. This guy about 64 240 worked on my bike. I was sweating like Hog just watching him. And he wasn't bustin a drop. he looked at me and said...Welcome to St louie in the summer time. . At my age this isn't fun. Why in the world does this damn state have such swings in weather. Up to 104 weeks ago. Then in the winter -22 below actual temps. Man I got to move. At a young 67 This is fun any more. I'd rather be inside on my pc then out there swaeting my azz off. But I have to get it done. So I can take a shower and take for a ride later. Sonic's here i come. ha ha ha ha.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I washed both cars last weekend and quick detailed them, after the wifes 71, I was dead overheated and went in and watched Tv for about 2 hours. Recharged and went at the Monte. rested another hour then popped a top. If you dont keep that thing clean Rick, you will never win MOTM. Good Luck...

Old 07-29-2011, 12:32 PM

1 Year Member

Zjerry that sounds like it was a great time. I like all those singers.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I will say, this year has been pretty humid around my area. But, I will take this over snow. I HATE the snow.

I don't want to be outside at ALL when it's freezing out. At least in the heat of summer, you don't have to shove driveways, see all the salt and dirt left from plowing streets, and deal with people who can't drive in snow. Summer, I know people with swimming pools and love having people over. Now that's a way to cool off in the hot weather!!

Old 07-29-2011, 12:36 PM

1 Year Member

77gp. As long as my car looks good to me. Is all I'm after. I don't think I'd ever MOTM with a stock M/C. There are far better Monte's out there. But if it turns one head. I'm happy

Old 07-29-2011, 12:39 PM

1 Year Member

Maniac: I agree 100 %. I hate the white crap more then I hate all this humid crap. But It's still tough. A couple of weeks ago. My wife asked me to water her flowers while she was out. I did that and also pointed the hose straight up in the air. It came down on me and felt SOoooo Good! One of my neighbor's was laughing at me. But I was cooled down then.

Quick Reply: Man i'm tired of this