Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): No Cam Sensor 5v Ref

Old 11-24-2018, 06:40 PM
Default No Cam Sensor 5v Ref

Long story short the cam sensor wires were shorted due to a previous repair. They were pinched by the power steering pump. The car would not start. I have 12vdc and ground but the signal wire has no 5v ref. I ohmed the wire back to the pcm plug. That's all good. I am assuming the shorted wires damaged the pcm 5v ref. Funny thing is the car will start now that I repaired the wires but I am getting code P0341.The cam signal is non existent on the scanner. How could it be starting without the cam signal??? BTW This is a 3.4L.

Can I steel 5v ref from something else like the tps and simply jump it to the cam position sensor wire?

Rick

Last edited by Turbo Rick; 11-24-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.