Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Cam sensor help P0341

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 12:43 PM
3 Year Member
Default Cam sensor help P0341

2001 Monte Carlo 3.4L 105k miles
My check engine light has been coming on intermittently for a week or so. I pulled the code today and the only one is P0341.
Printout reads: "P0341 CMP Sensor Signal Range/Performance. Code P0341 indicates that the Bank 1 (or single sensor) Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' electric cirquit was out of its operating range or had a performance problem for a predetermined period of time."
I just replaced my cam sensor in july of this year. I cant remember what trouble code I got last time, it may have been the same P0341. I do know it was the only code and it was for the cam sensor. The car also ran crappy. Extremely crappy. Ran fine after replacing cam sensor.
The car still runs fine but i now have this check engine light. Its only been a few months since i replaced the sensor. Could it be a faulty sensor? Not sure where to start.
Any info will help. Thank you.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

I know that I read a lot of stories about the sensor issues. These things are not designed very well if you get an aftermarket unit and can go south anytime. So you may have gotten a bad one or it just went out again. I am thinking I purchased a switch once at the GM parts counter and they said it was brand knew but had no warranty so If I installed it and it didn't work it was still mine and no exchange.
that was a shock, however it did work.