Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

My Poor Monte, 2 Q's for y'all

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Default My Poor Monte, 2 Q's for y'all

Howdy all,

I've got two problems facing my beloved Monte. She's an '02 and though I love her, she has her down days.

One such is when it rains. For some reason, my wipers dont work quite right. On any of the delayed functions, during the delay instead of staying down and below, they stop in the middle of the windshield at full extension. The only way to get around this is to either keep them on continuos-low or to toggle the quick-wipe thingy when the wipers only swipe 2 or 3 times.

Any ideas? Something wrong with the assembly timing? Easy fix? Not so easy? Should I consider a chainsaw??

Second problem: A friend says it might be a timing issue but I'm afraid I just don't enough about cars to know .. What happens is occasionally, the engine will rev up, fast and slow and the car will pulsate with extra power and then lose power. The RPMs just spike out of the blue. It happens anywhere between 5 mph and 60 mph.

Again, should I consider a chainsaw?

My poor Monte..

Thanks all!

Ftaber

Old 06-19-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by ftaber
Howdy all,

I've got two problems facing my beloved Monte. She's an '02 and though I love her, she has her down days.

One such is when it rains. For some reason, my wipers dont work quite right. On any of the delayed functions, during the delay instead of staying down and below, they stop in the middle of the windshield at full extension. The only way to get around this is to either keep them on continuos-low or to toggle the quick-wipe thingy when the wipers only swipe 2 or 3 times.

Any ideas? Something wrong with the assembly timing? Easy fix? Not so easy? Should I consider a chainsaw??

Second problem: A friend says it might be a timing issue but I'm afraid I just don't enough about cars to know .. What happens is occasionally, the engine will rev up, fast and slow and the car will pulsate with extra power and then lose power. The RPMs just spike out of the blue. It happens anywhere between 5 mph and 60 mph.

Again, should I consider a chainsaw?

My poor Monte..

Thanks all!

Ftaber
in the case on the wipers it sounds like they are losing the the signal from the control on the turn signal handle. i would get to the wiper motor and see if the lose power while in delay mode.

As for your power problems...

Have you replaced the cat?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:50 PM

I'd say the sa,e for the wipers mine do the same in my dodge its annoying to say the least but i just time it to stop in the right place lol