Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

My mc won't start!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My mc won't start!!!!

Here goes the saga... Before I took my wife to work this morning, it started up fine and when I arrived back, NO PROBLEMS THERE. So, when I get ready to go pick her up, the whole dashbaord lights up but then it cuts off (while trying to start it).

Proir to all this, my car had stopped like 10 blocks away (while parked) and the ignition switch completely locked me out. So the tow truck driver came and gave me a lil advice: either I get it towed back home and still can drive the car or just do a "trick" that is well known to the pros in the CAR THEFT industry. So I chose the second option and he proceeded to position the inside the cylinder, hit it a couple of time wit his flash light while turn the key and the darn thing STARTED RIGHT UP. Now he advised me to get it fixed but who knows of how long that proceedure would last. Now, I have been having a ignition problem for like a year now (at the most). So now, when I have driven the car, my dashboard lights went dim and back bright. Now I im stuck in the position I am in right now, CAN'T MOVE.....

Luckily I have tri-A with the coverage of 100 miles of towing because I sure am going to put it in the shop (the stealership more than likely) so I can get back ROLLING again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 PM

Since 2:40pm today till now 9pm (chicago time) , I was without a car because it didn't start. Just went out there and now it has revved up like nothing has even happened! Now this is puzzling because I do not want this problem to re-occur again??????????????????????????????????????

Old 07-28-2010, 01:27 PM

It's not the passlock is it? Is the security light coming on?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:32 PM

Yep, the security light flashed 3 times and then I couldn't start it. But, now I can drive it which I didn't even tamper with it. I know the gm already had security with the vehicle but I had an after market alarm system installed on it with remote start. I don't know what could be the problem!!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 03:34 PM

Yeah I mean it sounds exactly like what was happening to me and then I fixed it by doing the passlock security bypass trick but... If you already have a remote start installed then your passlock security is already being bypassed. Maybe a loose connection from when they installed the remote start? They should have installed a module on the ignition that bypasses the passlock security, I would check that the connections there are good. Pain in the butt to take out the dash though.