Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

multi cylinder miss fire???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 04:42 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

any way how would i nerow down on what is making it missfire i know it has new plugs wires and fuel filter. the plugs are gaped corectly all three sets. what would make the coil pack do a missfire the wireing leading to the coil pack or a sensor or the computer? keep in mide they said they replaced the coil pack and know i am unsure it is new

Old 08-20-2009, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Thanks 4 your major contribution 2 this thread topic.
I keep learning so much on the MCF
"Ebonics" ?
rbl_ins, are you a teacher/professor/critic ?
Many have not had the oppurtunity ?
Below is my humor...I hope that we all learn to get along.
All humans have their flaws, I just seen to have more lol
Video results for ebonics ?

Learning Ebonics
click above : )
1 min 39 sec
www.youtube.com

Above posted 4 humor only & not 2 offend.

EnJoy/Laugh at yourself, or the lessons in life
using ebonics to spell things, is spelling them the way they sound when you say them..... i dont get the "learning ebonics" video you posted. it seemed kinda stereotypical and distasteful. altho i only watched the first 15 seconds because it seems it is portraying more of "jive" talk than ebonics. and apparently the makers dont know that ebonics doesnt mean "the way black people say things". im sorry, i wasnt trying to be rude, it was just extremely painful to read this guys posts. and no i im not a teacher/professor/critic and yes, i know this is the internet. but cmon, is that not the worst spelling you have ever seen in your life?

Old 08-20-2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by rbl_ins
using ebonics to spell things, is spelling them the way they sound when you say them..... i dont get the "learning ebonics" video you posted. it seemed kinda stereotypical and distasteful. altho i only watched the first 15 seconds because it seems it is portraying more of "jive" talk than ebonics. and apparently the makers dont know that ebonics doesnt mean "the way black people say things". im sorry, i wasnt trying to be rude, it was just extremely painful to read this guys posts. and no i im not a teacher/professor/critic and yes, i know this is the internet. but cmon, is that not the worst spelling you have ever seen in your life?
What you were thinking of is phonemic spelling.

Ebonics:

http://www.cal.org/topics/dialects/aae.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebonics

Dialects

The terms used by scholars to refer to the unique language variety of many African Americans reflects the changing terms used to refer to African Americans themselves across the decades.

Back on topic.

Read this and see if it helps. It is on what causes misfires.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/misfire.htm

Are we sure the wires are all back on securely? I would check every connection if not.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:43 AM

well, i can assure you, those posts were prime examples of using ebonics to spell your words. im not thinking of phonemic.

this article kinda explains
http://http://www.helium.com/items/3...anding-ebonics

"This is the hip-hop generation of ebonics, but back in the early days Da Truth spoke ebonics and was proud to speak it.
She made sure that her voice was heard because she didn' have the chances to write and practice writing like the majority kids did. So how she spoke is how she wrote and if she couldn't spell the word, she made up a spelling. Ain't I a wo`mon, look at me sk`n shuldn't matter if im not a man. This was the trueset meaning of Ebonics because of the lack of spelling. Ebonics has nohing to do with the way we practice english. Ebonics has more to do with how we spell the words we are speaking."

i guess they decided that black people speak in ebonics? i dunno about that, but i am just refering to the fact that when words are spelled the way you would say them, that is ebonics. example: nerow missfire gaped outher atterny routene ect. and thats all from one post.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:53 AM

Ebonics has nothing to do with the way we practice english. Ebonics has more to do with how we spell the words we are speaking.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:41 AM
15 Year Member

in preveus posts i said i am a bad speller sertain words i dont know how to spelle we all are the same way sertain one we all cant spell right. could be a word could be few words we all cant spelle right were human doesnt mean we all have to make fun of every single person on how they spelle. we all are not perfect if we were we all be robots not individuals

Old 08-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
in preveus posts i said i am a bad speller sertain words i dont know how to spelle we all are the same way sertain one we all cant spell right. could be a word could be few words we all cant spelle right were human doesnt mean we all have to make fun of every single person on how they spelle. we all are not perfect if we were we all be robots not individuals

do the best you can, we are all here to help each other out! don't worry about what other people say, we, i have made my fair share of mistakes when posting here!!!

the question is about helping your situation out with your car, not about spelling!!

i really hope you can get everything taken care of, see ya and thanks for posting!!

Old 08-23-2009, 11:16 AM
15 Year Member

thanks monte carlo 3831. im just stumped right now on where to start to fix the misfire. i dont want to just throw mony at it and hop it will fix it. would replacing the coil pack be a good start or check the fuel pressure. i know if it gets to much fuel or to little it will do a misfire. but i was told at the shop this morning the fuel presure is exellent and they said the first thing that they will do is replace the coil pack if it didnt fix the problem it is the computer that is the culpret. because they said and i agre the computer regulates the high and low sparc threw the sensor thats in the coil pack and the knock sensor. there is anouther sensor that controlls the spark and that is new so changing the coil pack. on the wiered note the shop i took my monte to there were two techs there that quit from stingray cheve. they told me sting ray only warented cars from 08 and 09. cars if you have any thing older than that they void the warenty. thats why the two techs left because on what stingray cheve is doing to the custimers like me with the warenty having a 07 and they said void. but on a good note found a shop that loves to work on cheve and ford but love to work on our monte's. the shop owner has at least about 8 monte's from the first gen to the 7th gen. he has the ss 7th gen and the lt 7th that he put the 3rd gen superchrged motor in it the 3900 motor he wants to put one in mine i said not yet till i pay it off then put it in.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:41 AM

I'm not going to lie, I didn't read all of this, I'm at work and need to get back to it.

Take a look at the fuel pump if you haven't already.

'96 Grand Prix that would run really rough and even die when hot. Code showed a missfire on all 6 cylinders and it turned out to be the fuel pump. Crappy part was I got about 3-5 more MPG with the bad fuel pump, but couldn't drive the car unless the pump was cold. Also heard of the exact same thing in other GMs.