General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

usually things that cause a miss fire

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default usually things that cause a miss fire

first is the plugs and wires fuel filter air filter. if that didnt cure it it could be the coil pack and mass air flow meter it is usually the coil pack if it still is misses try anouther mass air flow meeter or the map sensor. the maf is a easier fix because it is right there in the open compared to the mass air pressure sensor. if replacing every thing that might send a missfire and double checked the plugs again if there were any flaws or cracks. it could be a dirty throtle body or even one of the o2 sensors going bad. if a o2 sensor is going bad it is hard to tell because there are two of them replacing one could not be the one that could have been throwing a code if you have the money replace both at the same time to get both out of the way then and there while your under the car. if it is still missfireing it could be still in limp mode due to the missfire get it reset and the computer didnt want the engine to get dameged so becarfull. some times in a rarity the computer rarely fails like that causing a miss even though it does controll the fire order.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:15 PM

Thanks for the post, very informative.
I request a sticky.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:25 PM
15 Year Member

the reason why i posted this is for our new cars there is a long list that causes the missfire. like the sensors i mentioned the maf map and o2 usually the maf does it after a person does the odveus like plug wires and coil pack. it would still see a cylender miss till after one of the others is replaced

thanks for the complement

Old 11-07-2010, 01:39 PM

This is in general or to specific generation of Montes?
This applies to all/most vehicles?

Old 11-07-2010, 01:51 PM
15 Year Member

pretty much to ours. very little to ford though with experence with my 01 mustang and that 94 mercury couger i do very little to it to fix a miss fire. but it pertains mostly what i went threw with my monte fixing the new missfire that i had recently. i had a reocoring missfire with mine and it pertains on what it takes to fix it and the comon problems it takes to fix it. i had just a few bad sensors that just went bad. do to time to go bad or just went out of bad luck.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:56 PM
15 Year Member

i just wanted to make this post for what to look for when trying to fix a miss fire if a person over looks some thing. i wanted to mention what else could cause it and nerow down what it might be in sensors that can cause it when it throws a missfire code it wont say what sensor is going bad when it throws that miss fire code. it wont throw a map maf or o2 till they stop working completly till you clear the missfire code. it is what i noticed on my monte and wanted to bring it to light and go hear this might be what you are looking for to check and replace.