Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

multi cylinder miss fire???

Old 07-30-2009, 03:16 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy multi cylinder miss fire???

i know my monty has new wires and spark plugs. i know the wires are conected right to the plugs and to the coip pack. what will caus this can you give me some feed back. thank you for the help. quick question could the coil pack have gone bad again because it has been replaced befor the plugs and wires were replaced.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:07 PM

could be the coil pack, could be bad gas...

Old 08-14-2009, 06:26 PM
15 Year Member

ok this is what has been changed twice spark plugs checked gap and the gap is ok. changed the wires twice still have multipul miss fires. had the coil pack its all one peace coil pack replaced twice went away in 30 minutes came back. changed the fuil filter three times droped the tank and filled gas cans from the tank and used it for lawn mower. still have miss fire and the dealer is looking at me like im stupid and doing some thing to void the warenty. all i do is do up keep like rutene matenence drive it keep it clean. im frustrated there is no logicul way that i know what is going on. miss fire in 3 5 4 & 6 at 70 on the high way what could do that im stumped?????????!!!!!!! im sending out a s.o.s. help please is there a way to fix this befor i total this car or do a imposible swap right now

Old 08-15-2009, 07:58 AM

Can any Member help Monte 07
with his problem ?

Old 08-15-2009, 06:34 PM
15 Year Member

well the dealer voided the warenty saying that it was my fault as in not taking care of it. i asked them why did they do that they said it was the driver doing some thing that caused the problem coming back as in gunning the engine slaming it into gear or sucking up water. i said why are you acusing me for some thing i didnt do. of corse that stingray cheveroly and bartow cheverly said the same i am at fault that the car is running the same way affter they fixed it and they voided my warenty tell me if that didnt well F#$@$n S##k

Old 08-15-2009, 06:36 PM
15 Year Member

ps that is probably why they do not have people come in and there inventory isnt big like it was two days ago it looks like there going out of buisness or shipping there cars to outher dealers for them to sell

Old 08-15-2009, 07:36 PM

talk to an attorney. They have to prove that you did something to cause the problem not speculate. Have you talked to gm directly about this as well or just the dealer?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:18 PM
15 Year Member

unfortunally they had the rep of gm on the speaker phone with us talkin about my problem. the rep said she agrees with the dealer that i have done some thing to the car and it stands no more warrenty. i dont get this i have the z71 silverado thats a 04 with a hundered thousand miles they do the work no problems the 98 caviler that i had linsay chevy turn into the ss style cobolt no problems with the power train warenty. but with the 7th gen monty wich i like even though its identical to the 6th exept for headlights and engine types the dealer screwed me. i dont know why they did that i could understand if i made it into a rear wheel drive car i could understand but its just for show and daily driveing. the said thing is i had my atterny friend with me he was picking his ss up and he is pissed that they did that to me. there is a few outhers that the two dealers did that to. he is getting in contact with them and going from there i really like chevy my dad has two cheveys as well one of them is the 04 ss monte carlo his runs great i was happy with mine when i got it but know im just pissed. i really like the car because i can fit two car seats and a booster seat in the back with sucksessand safly now i dont want to drive it because its just leaves me hopeless. cant sell it on the way it is and dont want to still owe 9k on it cant get that much for it the way it is. besides i dont want to see it run like crap when i try to go to work with it. i always enjoyed driving it before all this started with the dealers and the gm rep.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:15 PM

What did they tell you or say exactly that you did. They can not say well we feel you did not drive it right. They must have proof of abuse and excessive wear. Have you made any modifications to the car? I would ask the service manager for a denial in writing of the exact reason. An example of denial would be a clutch that is not working and the they pull it apart and it is scorched from doing burnouts.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:53 PM
15 Year Member

the only modification i did is put in different speakers that best buy did and changing the steel 16 inch rims to the 17 inch aluminum that originaly came for the lt model which was stolen off the car when i droped it off to get the miss fire fixed. stingray chevy dealer told me it came in with the steel rims not the 17 aluminum rims and me changing the rims and the speekers are modifications that lead to the malfunction. also having no silencer on the car is also a modification to it as well when i got the car it didnt have the silencer on it. because it was a little louder but what came with the car and a couple of fixes i.e. speakers and replacement rims from the stolen ones dont justify for deniel of the warenty. with the silencer not on the car i had them not it in the paperwork when i first got the car when i got the extended warrenty at the same time

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: multi cylinder miss fire???