Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

LTZ going in for warranty repairs

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Default RE: LTZ going in for warranty repairs

Dave
Next time the light comes on.....
Call On-Star, Have them check for codes.... That way you will have a history with the problem

Old 02-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Default RE: LTZ going in for warranty repairs

I spent the better part of 10 years working at GM dealerships, andone thing I learned quickly, The louder longer you yell, someone will make sure you are taken care of completely. We spend a boat load of green for the cars we have and we have every right to demand perfection. I have had to replace the complete interior in a Cavalier because the customer didn't like the way the colors matched. If the service manager won't help you talk to the owner about getting your issues FIXED right. DO NOT give them an option, if that doesn't work call the Chevrolet customer service number in the back of the owners manual. It may take several tries but sooner or later you will find someone who will take care of you. Jump up and down, rant and ravelike a 2 year old if you have to (most effective in the showroom the more customers the better)[sm=bounceybounce.gif] I would be willing to bet you will get theresolutions you deserve without calling GM. DOCUMENT EVERY CONVERSATION WITH ANYONE CONCERNINGYOUR CAR. It can come in real handy if used strategically.

A lot oftechnicians don't want to work warranty work cause it it pays crap so they say"it's normal" or "there isno way to fix it". Believe it or not better than half of the TRUE dealership technicians will do what ever it takes to make sure the vehicle is safe and right, and actually take pride in their work. It is sad that we spend 30G+ for these cars and a few of these "technicians" don't realize that a vehicle, after a house payment, is the most expensive item most people will ever buy. That's why I quit doing that for a living, there are too many of these "technicians" who are the reason most of the post on this thread have the opinion of dealerships they have. I have to say I do understand why everybody has that opinion.