Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

LTZ going in for warranty repairs

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default LTZ going in for warranty repairs

Okay, here is my final list of problems with my Certified Used '06 LTZ:

1: Traction Control continually activates every morning 20 minutes into my commute. After parking it all day the error goes away and doesn't return until the next morning.

2. ISS, obviously!!!

3. Both doors have intermittent rattle inside around the center of each door.

4. That damn flapping passenger seat belt. (There is probably no remedy.)

5. The vent has to be manually turned off every time I start the car (very annoying). Every car I have ever owned doesn't vent unless I want it to except this one.

6. The dash lights dim as if it is evening and the headlights stayfor an entire day. Ithappens when I start the car in the early morning or after I park in the shade. A sensor problem?

7. The trunk oppens by itself when I am on the open highway.

8. The trunk badges need to be relocated back in their proper position.

9. The right headlight has blown out twice in 3 months.

10. The On-Star/XM small antenna blade falls of during car washes.

Well, I am taking her in early tomorrow morning and I'll post on Monday the results and hopefully causes of some of the more uncommon issues.

MCFers, please pray for my Bronze Beauty during her short "hospital" stayand thatMr. Goodwrench is kind & gentle with her.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Default RE: LTZ going in for warranty repairs

Let me know what the rattle fix is in the door.., Dealer says can't replicate the issue. It said that sad that some UAW workers don't take much pride in their work.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:19 AM

check your trunk struts mine were leaking after one year they could replace them for you to

Old 02-23-2007, 11:57 AM

I have noticed a rattle in my passenger door,especially when it is really cold outside.I'll be darned if I can find it thuogh when I am parked and can actually check for it.My headlights seem to stay on some mornings even after the sun is bright,but some evenings I think it is pretty dark,and they don't go on.Then I turn them on manually.Usually if I put it back on auto after that,they will stay on.How many miles are on your LTZ?????????????

Old 02-23-2007, 01:50 PM

damn i have an 04 and haven't seen no where near as much of these problems as you all have with your 06's

Old 02-23-2007, 08:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Okay, here is my final list of problems with my Certified Used '06 LTZ:

1: Traction Control continually activates every morning 20 minutes into my commute. After parking it all day the error goes away and doesn't return until the next morning.

2. ISS, obviously!!!

3. Both doors have intermittent rattle inside around the center of each door.

4. That damn flapping passenger seat belt. (There is probably no remedy.)

5. The vent has to be manually turned off every time I start the car (very annoying). Every car I have ever owned doesn't vent unless I want it to except this one.

6. The dash lights dim as if it is evening and the headlights stayfor an entire day. Ithappens when I start the car in the early morning or after I park in the shade. A sensor problem?

7. The trunk oppens by itself when I am on the open highway.

8. The trunk badges need to be relocated back in their proper position.

9. The right headlight has blown out twice in 3 months.

10. The On-Star/XM small antenna blade falls of during car washes.

Well, I am taking her in early tomorrow morning and I'll post on Monday the results and hopefully causes of some of the more uncommon issues.

MCFers, please pray for my Bronze Beauty during her short "hospital" stayand thatMr. Goodwrench is kind & gentle with her.
I am so pissed off!!!

They said there were no codes stored for the traction control or the engine power down modes. I never pulled the battery cable, I just let it reset itself!!

They could not duplicate the rattling in either door.

It wasn't the ISS, the steeing shaft is itself is damaged.

My right head light gets all fogged up during the rain and the lamps burn out. Goodwrench says that the condensation is well withing GM specs for rain.

All GM cars have the vent on in default mode. WHAT????

They don'trelocate badges that are erroneously located.

I am SOL on the seatbelts.

But, they did fix the antenna, and the sunroof had a bent part that made it shutter during operation. They also put in a new trunk latch mechanism.

More to come on Monday.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:14 PM

i hate dealerships dont everwant to fix anything i remeber i ended up fixing my alternator my self on mine while it was under warranty becasue they wouldnt do it

Old 02-23-2007, 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer
I am so pissed off!!!

They said there were no codes stored for the traction control or the engine power down modes. I never pulled the battery cable, I just let it reset itself!!

They could not duplicate the rattling in either door.

It wasn't the ISS, the steeing shaft is itself is damaged.

My right head light gets all fogged up during the rain and the lamps burn out. Goodwrench says that the condensation is well withing GM specs for rain.

All GM cars have the vent on in default mode. WHAT????

They don'trelocate badges that are erroneously located.

I am SOL on the seatbelts.

But, they did fix the antenna, and the sunroof had a bent part that made it shutter during operation. They also put in a new trunk latch mechanism.

More to come on Monday.
So that's the kind of service that comes along with the GM 5yr/100k mi warranty huh?

Old 02-24-2007, 12:07 AM

I am Pro-American when it comes to cars, especially Chevrolet, but I feel this car did not deserve the JD Power & Associates award.

It is human nature to cover up a problem rather than call attention to it. At Toyota, the identification of problem is imperative and exciting because it gets addressed. I have never owned a Toyota. GM Dealersignore issues until the warranty expires. Toyota engineers are in awe of Henry Ford. American CarDesigners think of months or quarters but not decades.

MyMC Issues:
1. Power Steering Pump & Belt Noise while turning wheel at idle.
2. Undercarriage vibration noise at idle that causes the console to make noise at times over the radio.
3. Both doors rattles
4. Ticking/Clicking heard in passenger compartment at idle with HVAC and Radio off.
5. Onstar diagnostics email worked for 3 months. Numerous calls to try to get resolved but continues. I will not be signing up for $200 come July.
5. I will remember this when my salesperson calls me again about great new car deals.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:01 AM

lol you guys are catching hard bargains with your stealerships i see, i never go to a stealership for service whether it is under warranty or not cause they never like to fix anything

Quick Reply: LTZ going in for warranty repairs