Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

5th Gen ('95-'99): Left turn signal frozen on only in winter!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 01:04 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Left turn signal frozen on only in winter!

This one is a doozy. I'm stumped.

Only in the winter time,when it's really cold and it's either raining or snowing,or if I splash through a puddle.my left turn signal will turn on. Not flash,but "frozen" on. Dash,front and rear is lit.I checked the socket,bulb,and wiring in the front,and I can't find anything wrong.I replaced the turn signal switch already for the brake light issue,and it still happened afterwards. When it warms up,the problem goes away. I tried searching to no avail. Anybody have any ideas on what's causing this?

Old 02-24-2019, 04:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by mr markuSS
This one is a doozy. I'm stumped.

Only in the winter time,when it's really cold and it's either raining or snowing,or if I splash through a puddle.my left turn signal will turn on. Not flash,but "frozen" on. Dash,front and rear is lit.I checked the socket,bulb,and wiring in the front,and I can't find anything wrong.I replaced the turn signal switch already for the brake light issue,and it still happened afterwards. When it warms up,the problem goes away. I tried searching to no avail. Anybody have any ideas on what's causing this?
You could have a moisture problem in the light socket. you may want to clean out all the sockets that are in that side front and rear. Then spray some moisture seal in that area. Dupli-color made a clear product once that could still be around.