Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

The Last Three Days with my POS Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Default The Last Three Days with my POS Monte Carlo

Day 1: car will not start, battery is junk - cca's are SUPER low. Replaced with a Gold 770cca w/ 3 yr warrant - $110.00

Day 2: driving and right front tire blows out causing me to hit a curb and scuff my recently refinished wheel. Got a matching Eagle RSA tire mounted and balanced -$75.00

Day 3 (today): driving on interstate, car hesitates and jerks like crazy - voltage is extremely low. chugging and chugging like crazy, battery light comes on and check engine light is flashing. Get's scanned and the alternator is putting out less than 12v and needs replaced. Will be buying a Bosch 125 amp tomorrow morning - $200.00

I hate this car with so much passion right now - I have never had such a bad string of luck with a car. Might as well call it Christine. Vent over!

********UPDATE 9/12 3:45*********
Dealership say it's the BCM, I took it to a Toyota dealership that used to do GM and they said they still service all makes so I figured they could do it, but no. They have to take it to their other dealership that services GM makes for this sort of thing. Looking at around $50 for them to diagnose it and still waiting to hear a price on the BCM and installation - I called another dealership just to quote the price and they estimated it near $400 for parts/labor. F*** my life.

Last edited by NovaSS369; 09-12-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

sorry to hear about all the bad luck lately. hope when you get the issues fixed it will run flawlessly

Old 09-11-2011, 08:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Problem 1, battery could have been fine, alternator the issue the whole time.

Problem 2, tires go bad. Not the cars fault.

Problem 3, see problem 1.

I wouldn't blame the car on those issues.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by NovaSS369
I hate this car with so much passion right now - I have never had such a bad string of luck with a car. Might as well call it Christine. Vent over!
Sorry about your problems Dont think calling it Christine is a bit too much? lol. Make sure your friends dont do nothing wrong to her

Old 09-11-2011, 08:45 PM

She may be acting like a typical lady...sorry ladies that may read this. But regardless that is a sexy lady that you have for sure!!! Love those wheels on your car and I LOVE the color of your car!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 PM

Lol thanks for the reassuring comments guys. The battery was actually bad the CCA's were getting lower and lower I have had it tested multiple times. The tire was brand new and I had it patch/plugged at Midas a while back and it just gets to be super frustrating when one thing breaks after another and you have no money to fix any of it.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Problem 1, battery could have been fine, alternator the issue the whole time.

Problem 2, tires go bad. Not the cars fault.

Problem 3, see problem 1.

I wouldn't blame the car on those issues.
X2. Pretty big coincidence that the battery and the alternator go out at the same time.
The tire........well that's just bad luck.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by NovaSS369
Lol thanks for the reassuring comments guys. The battery was actually bad the CCA's were getting lower and lower I have had it tested multiple times.
I'm curious if Chibi's response was right. It's a dead issue now since you already replaced the battery BUT, if the battery was never removed from the car, charged on a bench and tested outside of the car, then you may not have gotten 100% the true story. Even though most the time the parts stores do a battery/alternator check at the same time, the results they give you may not be 100% accurate unless the parts are removed and bench tested.

What's done is done. I just hope your luck improves.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

If the alternator was bad and not fully charging the battery, it can cause the battery to go bad over time too. Nevertheless this is really only one problem. The alternator would be the culprit in both cases. If thats the worst problem you have with your car then I call you a lucky man. The tire, well cant say anything other than s$%t happens, and it happens to all of us unfortunately.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:50 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Sorry about you troubles but I agree with the other members.

Quick Reply: The Last Three Days with my POS Monte Carlo