Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Intermittent Blower

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by jed992
Back around March or so, I took the switch out and cleaned the connections with some contact cleaner. Everything's been working fine ever since. Good luck.
k ill try that, so you had the same things going on with yours as whats happening to mine? because when mine acts up, a few things happen. the cruise light comes on, the heater/air don't work, and the message center on the roof dont turn on, and it comes on a min or two after i turn the key on. but if i hit the top of the dash it comes on right away. one last question, how do you get the switch out is there any tricks to it? thanks for your help.

Last edited by Justin; 09-09-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Justin
k ill try that, so you had the same things going on with yours as whats happening to mine? because when mine acts up, a few things happen. the cruise light comes on, the heater/air don't work, and the message center on the roof dont turn on, and it comes on a min or two after i turn the key on. but if i hit the top of the dash it comes on right away. one last question, how do you get the switch out is there any tricks to it? thanks for your help.
Now that I think back, I didn't take the switch out. I just disconnected the wiring harness/plug and sprayed it, as well as spraying the switch. It really wasn't too difficult to get to once you remove the lower dash pieces on the driver's side. I think I had to lay upside down in the driver's side to get to the harness, so depending on your size....

Old 09-09-2009, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by jed992
Now that I think back, I didn't take the switch out. I just disconnected the wiring harness/plug and sprayed it, as well as spraying the switch. It really wasn't too difficult to get to once you remove the lower dash pieces on the driver's side. I think I had to lay upside down in the driver's side to get to the harness, so depending on your size....
k ill be able to do that, and now that i think of it, when mine acts up the auto tinting mirror doesn't work either. was that the same for you as well?

Old 09-09-2009, 03:10 PM

and when you unpluged it did you have to reprogram it? or did it work with out having to do that? because i hear that you need to have it reprogramed or is that only if you put a different one in?

Old 09-09-2009, 03:21 PM

I only had problems with the blower and the info center. But since those 2 seem so unrelated, I'm not totally surprised that your mirror didn't work.

You are correct -- you only need to reprogram if you replace the ignition switch.

Jim