Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

How much?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM
1 Year Member
Default How much?

I got a silver 2002 ss with 170k on it. I bought the car janurary 2013. The body is in good shape. Interior is good. But anyway in april a main bearing went bad. So i went and found a white 01 ss with 80k on the motor n tranny but the body is totaled. Both motors are pulled i jus need to install the other motor and dnt have time. The 02 ss has new struts(complete assembly) all the way around. Lots of new parts like fuel filter, teflon wipers, new windshield, instrument panel dimmer switch, low coolant level sensor, cabin air filter, fuel cap, new headlights(brights and dims), new tranny filter, new lower tranny oil cooler line, and new front brake pads. Also had 7" touchscreen installed with a 15" sub + amp. All parts were installed in februrary and march. The motor with frm the 01ss with 80k i put new water pump, new tensioner pulley, new oil filter, new plugs and wires, new oil pan gaskets, valve cover gaskets, and intake manifold gaskets. These were all put on the motor late april early may(this month). I jus need to put the motor on my silver car. The 01 ss still has good tranny plus interior and other parts. I was jus wondering how much they are worth. I dnt have the time or money any more as i need to find a new job now.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rule of thumb for me, non-running car = $500

And if I have to tow that car just to have it... I wouldn't come up any dollar figure.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Basically, you are looking to sell a rolling chassis and the parts to complete it. Keep in mind, unless you can transport it, the buyer has to come up with a way to move the car and parts plus method to re-assemble as a working car again.

As Chibi suggested $500 is a good expectation. My advice would be to come up with a clean list of what you have like:
'02 Monte SS 170K on the body/rolling chassis
Parts to re-assemble:
- Engine w/ X miles
- Trans w/ x Mile
- ect
- Any extra notes of interest

Throw a price for the entire lot along with "Or best offer or make an offer on part of the lot".

You may find people willing to take the engine or the body. It all depends on how you wanna do it, but me personally, I'd be willing to sell the entire lot OR reasonable offers on parts of the lot (such as I would not part out the car, but take offers for the engine or trans since they are out of the car).