Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

2003 factory stereo too much bass-distorted

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 01:53 AM
Default 2003 factory stereo too much bass-distorted

I have an 03 SS with the upgraded factory stereo. When changing to the different tone modes (Rock, County, Pop, etc), the bass is boosted so much, it distorts the music even at low volume. Is there an adjustment for this somewhere. The manual settings are over ridden while using the tone features, so I'm not finding any adjustment there. I did not buy the car new so I don't know if this is the way the stock amp settings are supposed to be. Can any one advise on this issue. Thanks!

Old 08-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Default RE: 2003 factory stereo too much bass-distorted

As far as I know none of the GM factory stereos can't be adjusted while using the different tones settings. I dont have the premium stereo but I just set the tone to custom and use the little bit of tweekeing I can get. After buying my Monte I found that the stereo has factory EQ setting that cannont be changed. Like I just posted for ATKXKobra the JL audio site can help explain this a little better. They have a solution for this, its called Clean Sweep, It basically defeats the EQ setting to a much flatter EQ curve so you can tune with aftermarket amps and such:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=79

Old 08-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Default RE: 2003 factory stereo too much bass-distorted

nope i have not found a setting for the factory head units. but you can pick on you like and then tweak the bas out of it and it should also allow the other settigns to stay the same. so for ex. pick rock to much bass then you would adjust the bas to a lower amoutn leaving the rest of the settigns alone it should sond better for you

I never did like the pre sets i just used custim but would find on i like it close and then would adjut it from there. and use thiers as more of a base line to start with.