Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

How easy to replace a fuel filter?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Default RE: How easy to replace a fuel filter?

Congrats on your first repair job. You will learn many things while working on your car. I learned the hard way more than once to check to make sure the stereo works before putting the dash back together. You would think that one time would do it, but nope got in a hurry and did it twice. Also make sure if you disassemble something that you have laid it out so you can put it back together. I took the dash out of my wrx running a boost gauge and controller and ended up with a large bolt left over when done. Never figured out what it went to. [sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 09-07-2008, 09:14 PM

Teacher, this might sound kind of funny but as I was underneath the car and just beforeI got started loosening anything, I had my digital camera on hand to snap pictures. I first took a pic of the old filter before I touched anything. Then after I removed the first bolt, I took yet another picture and so on and so forth. It turned out to be a relatively simple filter replacement but it was more of a "peace of mind" thing for me. When I was an 18 or 19 year old kid, I remember dropping the area under my dash down so I could install an after market radio. To make a long story short, I ended up driving to a Circuit City, where a good friend worked, with many pieces dangling down by my feet. By the time we got my radio installed and everything put back together, I, too, had a few screws leftover rolling around the floor. Ha!

Ahhh the memories.....

Eric

Old 09-08-2008, 08:07 PM

To funny. We must always learn. The camera is a great way to record what you are doing. I rember driving down the road in my wrx waiting for the dash to fall into my lap. 2 years of ownership and never had a rattle. I am still wondering what the bolt was for.