Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

High beams when I brake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Default High beams when I brake?

Hi all! Its been awhile since I've been around. Have a good one for y'all to think about.....

I've had some electrical issues for some time in this car. For the past few years I've had to manually pull the headlights on in order to have brake lights during the day. Everything works fine when lights came on at dusk. ABS and TC lights have been on for years, neither work. I suspected it was the after market stereo relay switch causing that because it began when it was put in. It wasn't. I put factory deck in and things are way worse!! Now, I have NO brake lights period, and my high beams come on when I hit the brakes. Blinkers do still work though. The check engine light is on and I thought nothing of it because its come on 3 winters in a row and went off when spring came. I do have to replace left front wheel bearing, just need the time. Could this be a source of the issue or is it something totally different? The control arm for my highbeams has not worked almost as soon as I had bought the car, in 2005. HELP!!

All fuses that I could readily get to work. I will check ones in casing under hood in daylight. I ask for any and all help suggestions as GM wants 300+ just to say hello and I'm a single mother that doesn't have that in the budget no matter how far I stretch the beaver!! ( Canadian nickel has a beaver)

Thanks in advance!!