Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Help identifying part

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Default Help identifying part

I have a vacuum leak that needs to be closed up so I can pass state inspection. I know the vacuum leak is the cause of my check engine light because it did not show up until I broke that plastic vacuum line. I am attaching a picture with the part that I need identified. The red arrow in the blue circle indicates the part that is giving me the problem. Is there a way to seal that rubber part or just replace it. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

duct tape it! didn't you ask about this before? any auto store will have different plastic fitting in a package you can for under $5 grab it and also get couple ft. of vaccum rubber hose. auto zone and pepboys sell them by the foot.

there's couple way you can fix it. find the right fitting in the package and reroute the whole vaccum lines or cut off few inches where the leak start and fit the rubber hose over the existing vaccum line. make sure to use zip tie to keep it seal tight. the original vaccum line is hard plastic just make sure if you do cut it it's a clean cut.

is there any junk yard in your area cuz any 3800 N/A should work.
00-05 mc
97-04 regal
00-05 impala
97-03 grand prix

Old 12-31-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
duct tape it! didn't you ask about this before? any auto store will have different plastic fitting in a package you can for under $5 grab it and also get couple ft. of vaccum rubber hose. auto zone and pepboys sell them by the foot.

there's couple way you can fix it. find the right fitting in the package and reroute the whole vaccum lines or cut off few inches where the leak start and fit the rubber hose over the existing vaccum line. make sure to use zip tie to keep it seal tight. the original vaccum line is hard plastic just make sure if you do cut it it's a clean cut.

is there any junk yard in your area cuz any 3800 N/A should work.
00-05 mc
97-04 regal
00-05 impala
97-03 grand prix
I asked about it when it first happened and followed the advice about the connectors and tubing. Those were the ones that are in the pic. It works but now the leak is causing my check engine light to pop on. I posted again because I have all of the right connectors and what not but the rubber piece that they go into has a crack in it from me trying to remove the broken pieces. This is the source of my leak. I am going to try and fix it on Sat because I have to change the wheel hub anyway. I was just seeing if anybody had any other ideas.