Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Help I dont know anything about cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 04:09 PM
Kph

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Here is a link for you it shows step by step how to locate things under the Hood.

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2...ck_fluid_level

Also I have 2 photo's I am attaching so you can identify the engine you have. This is the V8 version is this what your engine looks like? the 2nd photo is a V-6 version?
today well this am it was raining and i looked at both wheel wells and it looked as if the most of the spots have washed off? I feel kinda silly but i guess maybe i ran over some thing u dont know im still going to get it looked at ...i have one other question what is a hubb barring the guy said one of mine sounded like it might be going out ??? I dont know

Old 05-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Kph
today well this am it was raining and i looked at both wheel wells and it looked as if the most of the spots have washed off? I feel kinda silly but i guess maybe i ran over some thing u dont know im still going to get it looked at ...i have one other question what is a hubb barring the guy said one of mine sounded like it might be going out ??? I dont know
Hub Bearing?
Most likely a wheel bearing you can hear them squeak when the car rolls.
I drive down an alley on occasion to listen for anything unusual on the car.
Roll down the windows and turn off the radio, and listen for noises. When you drive a car at speed on rough roads, or with out of balance tires or warped rotors it will tear up the bearings.
The check for that is to jack the car up at the wheel and rotate it or wiggle it side to side if there is movement or wobble could be a problem. Hope this helps keep us updated we can help avoid some big fixes on occasion.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Hub Bearing?
Most likely a wheel bearing you can hear them squeak when the car rolls.
I drive down an alley on occasion to listen for anything unusual on the car.
Roll down the windows and turn off the radio, and listen for noises. When you drive a car at speed on rough roads, or with out of balance tires or warped rotors it will tear up the bearings.
The check for that is to jack the car up at the wheel and rotate it or wiggle it side to side if there is movement or wobble could be a problem. Hope this helps keep us updated we can help avoid some big fixes on occasion.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:05 AM
Kph
Default OK thanks for the info

When I drive I hear kinda somethin like a roaring sound ...I have only had the car sense. March so I'm still learning trying to figure it out but the guy said it needed one he had replaced one buthat didn't tell me which one aND now I can't get in touch with him ugh ..

Old 05-27-2018, 08:40 AM

You'll need to jack up the front or rear of car where sound is coming from, grab the sides of the tire and try to wiggle it side to side and up and down. There should not be movement or play. If there's movement odds are that is the bad bearing and/or other loose front end parts. Obviously the tire might spin but if your unsure maybe bring it to a tire shop they like helping .