Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Help I dont know anything about cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 04:52 PM
Kph
Default Help I dont know anything about cars

I have a 2006 monte carlo there is transmissiom fluid on my passanger side and back passanger side wheel wells my trans seems to be shifting just fine my the check engeion light is on..I looked under tha car there is no trans fluid on the ground just on my wheel well This is the front wheel well the spts go around the whole wheel well

Old 05-24-2018, 08:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Are you certain it's trans fluid and not grease? That location makes me thing the boot on the CV half shaft tore open. If it did, you should be able to turn the wheel and just look behind it and see it.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:31 PM

I don't understand how it would've got on the back passenger wheel well too. It would have had to leaked quite a bit out for the back wheel to get some too.

Are you sure it's trans fluid? Engine oil (filter) and PS fluid are both on that side too. I'd check all 3 of those levels to see what's low.

If it is coming from your car, I'd not drive it until you fix it. If the rear tire got so much it was kicking up into the wheel well, then that's dangerous from a traction perspective.

Old 05-25-2018, 01:04 AM
Kph

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Are you certain it's trans fluid and not grease? That location makes me thing the boot on the CV half shaft tore open. If it did, you should be able to turn the wheel and just look behind it and see it.
i realley have no clue what it is close to the passenger front tire i seen some type of fluid and it could have been clear and just seemed red from the car color

Old 05-25-2018, 01:06 AM
Kph

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
I don't understand how it would've got on the back passenger wheel well too. It would have had to leaked quite a bit out for the back wheel to get some too.

Are you sure it's trans fluid? Engine oil (filter) and PS fluid are both on that side too. I'd check all 3 of those levels to see what's low.

If it is coming from your car, I'd not drive it until you fix it. If the rear tire got so much it was kicking up into the wheel well, then that's dangerous from a traction perspective.
thank. You ..whatbis ps fluid I dont know anything about car i know how to check the oil not sure about the trans fluid either ..

Old 05-25-2018, 07:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Kph
thank. You ..whatbis ps fluid I dont know anything about car i know how to check the oil not sure about the trans fluid either ..

Power steering fluid. Good luck with locating your issue(s). You'll find this to be a very informative place with people extremely willing to help you.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Here is a link for you it shows step by step how to locate things under the Hood.

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2...ck_fluid_level

Also I have 2 photo's I am attaching so you can identify the engine you have. This is the V8 version is this what your engine looks like? the 2nd photo is a V-6 version?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
75882427.jpg (195.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by drivernumber3; 05-25-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:32 AM

I'm guessing the reason there is fluid on the back passenger wheel well is from a previous tire rotation. As for the fluids it can be I'll start with the worst which should be checked first is the brake fluid is the caliper or brake hose leaking ? It looks like oil in the picture which could be from a recent oil change possibly. Maybe the oil filter is leaking. That low oil light in your other post might be a clue. All the other members gave you ton's of info which are all correct, Run with it and if you want the quickest answer of what it is find someone to touch it and taste it, really all fluids have there own special taste just find " Mikey" he'll taste anything. Good luck.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:36 AM

Could it be that you just ran some unknown fluid over?? Makes sense since its both wheels on one side..

Old 05-25-2018, 10:22 AM
Kph
Default Lol

Smhl you might be right it could be very possible. lol I was going by the things that already been going on..I was informed that the car DOES NEED hub barrings sorry if I didn't spell that right...my luck runs more to the bad side than good thank you so much for that insight ....