Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Heated seat fix.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMSeRiOuS
Before mine went out it got so hot it was burning my ***.
That lasted for a couple weeks on and off until I smelled something burning and ever since then it hasnt worked.

It is most likely that the wire burnt off. That is what mine did and it burnt some of the foam as seen in the pics. I made sure to clean the burnt wire as well, solder won't stick to a burnt wire. I am thinking the wire from the factory is to short and being under constant tension adds to the demise of the wire. Once it is broken, or burnt, it has lost the connection. Power is still trying to go through, and power is getting to the switch and relay, so the light comes on, but the broken connection is after the relay, so everything appears normal, it just doesn't work.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:38 AM

By the way, mine is still working with no problems since the fix. I sure am glad it is, there has been some pretty cold mornings this winter here in Minnesota. It sure has made the hour long drive into work more pleasurable, if you can call driving to work pleasurable.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:33 PM

how much would u charge to do this? I have a heated seat not working also

Old 02-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Default heated seats for all!!

if anyone is interested DORMAN products makes an aftermarket heated seat kit. it includes 2 heating elements and all the hardware required to install them. i just put them in my car about a month ago and they are awesome. better than my wife's pontiac factory heated seats.

and removing the seats for installation was easy, as mentioned before 2 locking tabs hold the plastic covers over the fasteners and then its a T45 or T47 torx bolt tilt forward and disconnect wire harnesses (for power seats) and then the front is just hooked into the floor. there are no hog rings or anything complex about removing the seat covers just plastic hooks and clips and velcro.

i paid $250 and now i have a hot a$$! lol

Old 03-21-2011, 08:20 AM

The driver heated seat doesn't work either, looks like I'm going to have to try this out after work, thanks for the write up and pics!

Old 09-12-2011, 05:22 PM

Thank you so much! My driver seat had no heat and this was the exact problem. I didn't know what I was missing! Just got it fixed tonight after seeing this thread at work today.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

Same here. Been driving around for years without it, even went as far as to replace the switch in the console to no avail. Thanks for the thread!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:32 PM

I dont know how to thank you enough! thanks to you my heated driver seat in toasty again! i noticed it quit working today but it was working the last few days and with the help of your step by step directions i now have toasty buns again. took me a little over an hour but im in no way shape or form a mechanic of any sort. I LOVE YOU MAN!

Old 10-22-2011, 08:08 AM

I'm glad to see so many people have been helped by this. Mine is still working good and I have had no problems yet. It has been almost two years now and I have nearly 70,000 miles of seat time since the repair and as of yesterday, it is still heating my rear.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by jondjames
I dont know how to thank you enough! thanks to you my heated driver seat in toasty again! i noticed it quit working today but it was working the last few days and with the help of your step by step directions i now have toasty buns again. took me a little over an hour but im in no way shape or form a mechanic of any sort. I LOVE YOU MAN!
I'm glad to hear that it worked for you. Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: Heated seat fix.