Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

EMERGENCY!!! EMERGENCY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 07:23 AM
Default RE: EMERGENCY!!! EMERGENCY!!!

Hey, just for future reference, if you ever DO need to reset your security thingy try this. It's weird as **** but I got it from a Chilton and it works. Turn the key to on, Pull the headlight **** out to the first click and then push it back in. Do this 3 times and you should hear a beep and the message center should blink and re-display "SECURITY" I guess it's one of those whacky GM tricks. Also, if your "Change Engine Oil" light ever stays on after changing the oil, I have another crazy trick for that. Turn the key to on and pump the gas pedal hard and fast 3 times within 5 seconds and it will reset your PCM. Trippy huh?

Old 09-02-2006, 05:34 PM

What year is your monte socalSS? Because in my monte (6th gen) the oil light won't go off unless you reset it through the stock radio. Which sounds to be alot easier, and a little less hard on your car than pumping the gas with the engine off. Just turn the radio off, hold the display button until the settings menu comes up on the display. Then scroll over to oil reset, and boom. Got er done. . . Maybe its just easier to me LOL[sm=dontgetit.gif]

MonteRiderLS

Old 09-02-2006, 05:58 PM

you can reset it witht the gas pedal in your car also i have a 03 monte and thats how i havt to do it since removing the stock radio

Old 09-02-2006, 05:58 PM

I have an 04' Only problem is my stock radio is somewhere in a box tucked in my garage somewhere. I have an aftermarket deck installed and it doesn't have PCM options incorporated. I was in a hury once so I took my car to a jiffy lube to change the oil rather than doing it myself, and that's the way that the guy there reset it, so I have been using that method every 3000 miles since and it works just fine. I'm sure there are more tricks like that but those are the only 2 I know about. Got any more?

Old 09-02-2006, 06:10 PM

well if you have the tire pressure montor you reset it by turning the key on and pulling the headlight switch in and out 3 times in 5 seconds

Old 09-02-2006, 07:30 PM

yes M/J i do have the hypertech also. but due to it not controlling the fan etc.. i went ahead and got the modual for my strapon scanner i had for working on cars. it was a cheap upgread in comparison to buying a new scanner and or the software for the same features. But now i can read all of the code and might beabel to reprogram the car but would rather not do this and find out i could not. So i will wait till i get back to the sates and see about finding a cheap puter out of a junked car to play with and find out what i can or cant do to it.

Sorry to hear about your intake screwing this up for you.

as bad as it sounds im glad that mine is threw the fender well and not like the Thrasher kits etc.. this just makes me not like that desing even more.

but we all live and learn.

Thanks for the up date

Old 11-29-2012, 09:54 PM

What I found out last year after searching the whole engine compartment wire harness, and fuse box for electrical problems is that when I took apart both of the under hood fuse boxes is ?
That the female connectors with a that are in those plastic slots with a very little fragile metal tab would be lose or wiggle even if you had the fuses or relays inserted in 100 %.
So what I did to make those fuses and relays nice and tight like from the factory ?
A cheap cost solution was to take wire ties and cut the arrow shaped tip on the wire tie and carefully insert it into or how ever you can get those plastic pieces into the slot where the female connecters are.
I did all of those on my fuses boxes and all the fuses and relays are nice and tight, and no head lights flickering.
BTW ? the reason why I spent so much time for nothing seaching the electrical problems ?
The car would stall out out of nowhere and would not start.
Come to find out ? the crack shaft positioning sensor was actually falling apart from the exposure to all the oils.
After I got the crank harmonic balancer off it was a easy job to fix it and no more stalling.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow, a six year old thread brought back to life.......

Old 11-30-2012, 02:30 PM

That's what I found out about my 2001 Monte Carlo to keep the fuses and relays nice and tight in the fuse box is to clip off the ends of wire ties and take the little pieces and wedge it in between the plastic fuse box slot and female wire connector.
A easy fix and cheap to.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:55 PM

Zombie thread...