Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Electrical Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Exclamation Electrical Malfunction

I own a 2003 MC LS and am having a confusing time with a nuissance of an electrical problem.

First sign something was wrong was the air was not working properly. After start-up, it would not turn on, but on the dash the "Cruise" light was lit. After driving around a bit the "Cruise" light would turn off and the air would kick in.

The next issue was the "Security" light appeared on the dash and through reviews I've noted that it could be the Passlock Key system. The car does not shut down going down the road or have a hard time starting. So lost as to what the actual cause may be here.

The next issue, and last thankfully, appeared very shortly after the security light came on. While driving around, you can hear a clicking noise from what sounds light the passenger side under the hood (I'm assuming possibly a relay from the fuse panel). This clicking noise has actually been making the headlights, interior lights, A/C, heat, and dash lights all flicker as well (about 3 seconds between each click). The headlights were easy to "resolve" because they stop flickering as long as I turn the headlight switch to ON manually.

Any ideas as to what any of this could be? I have checked all fuses for defects and found none. The only thing I can think of next would be to replace all the relays as well as the Passlock system and see what happens from there.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 AM

It could be a BCM issue since it controls a lot of the electrical systems on the car...Have your vehicle scanned for codes pertaining to the BCM and you may find your problem.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

x2, bcm issues are a big problem when you can't figure out why you are having electrical issues haha.