Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Dead positive wire to blower resistor from top underwood fuse box

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 02:07 PM
|
Default Dead positive wire to blower resistor from top underwood fuse box

I recently had the water pump replaced on a 2005 3.8L SC MC and noticed the blower for inside the cabin stopped working. I checked all the fuses, even cleaned them. The ground is good at the harness for blower motor. I think the shop may have hurt the wire going from the 30 amp fuse under the hood in the top block, to the resistor controller. I know the system works if I supply power. I back probed the power direct to battery at resistor, and buddy held wire to battery while I went through all the blower settings no issue. My haynes wiring diagram sucked but another diagram I found in a forum showed that 30 amp fuse under the hood directly feeding the resistor. My question is where can I find a mapping of the wiring harness that feeds the resistor from under the hood? It's very hard to reach. I am half tempted to use a stereo amp wire with an online fuse at 30 amps to directly feed the resistor directly from battery. Not pretty but I need defrost working for winter. Any help appreciated. If there is any pin mapping to the connector in pic, that would help. I think it's the body control harness, it feeds in by the resistor in a large bundle of wires.

Old Yesterday | 03:20 PM
|

It should say under hood fuse box.

Old Yesterday | 10:37 PM
|

Solved...pulled dash, pulled hvac controls and stereo. Aftermarket stereo was massive and had tons of wires all over. Hooked back up controls and didn't even touch a wire, blower worked perfect. Reinstalled stereo with better wire placement. All worked with dash back on. Whew.

Old Today | 06:44 AM
15 Year Member

Nice.