Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Bizarre AC issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 02:31 AM
Default Bizarre AC issue

Hello, i'm having troubles getting my blower motor going. I've hooked it directly to the battery and it activates so the motor is good. There is no power at the red and black wire that go from under the dash to the harness. I've hooked the battery directly up to the harness so it was for sure getting power. Turned the car on and messed with ac settings and nothing. The plug that goes into the blower motor is melted...could that be it? Also, what is the purpose of the grey wire that comes from the dash and hooks up to the harness? Remote wire?

2004 3.8l

Old 09-11-2016, 08:21 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

The melted plug going into the blower motor could quite possibly be what is causing your problems. Question is...what caused it to melt??
I am not sure what the grey wire is for.
Hopefully someone who knows more about wiring will post.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My guess would be the blower motor relay or resistor. You're gonna' wanna' replace that plug and test the relay and resistor. Replace as necessary.
Here's a schematic and illustration that might help.

Part:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heater-A-C-B...5XLEAX&vxp=mtr

Video:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
File Type: jpg
Blower Motor view.jpg (3.23 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by plumbob; 09-12-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:12 PM

no relay on the 04 monte resistor is good and the plug is good. Tested plug by plugging the harness into the blower motor and not plugging it into the resistor and "jumping" supplying the collectors going to the blower motor with 12v. I'm probably just going to have to follow this power wire all the way through the dash till i find out where the power cuts out...fun times

Old 09-16-2016, 07:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you have, or know somebody with a Power Probe III it will trace the short to the exact point.