Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Clicking After Using Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Default Clicking After Using Remote Start

Hey, I just heard some clicking after starting up my 2006 LTZ using the remote (not after starting it with the key). It went on for a minute after I shut the car down, and then stopped on its own. It sounded as if it was coming from under the hood, so hopefully it's nothing too serious. It's probably worth noting that it's a chilly night here in Florida, so I wonder if that had an affect on it.

It didn't affect how the car drove or acted (other than the clicking obviously). Any opinions or ideas would be great!

Old 12-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Are you sure it's coming from the under the hood? It could be under/in the dash? It's been a common occurrence with the 06-07, there are 3 actuators that go bad and start clicking under the dash. I have the same problem with a bad actuator that usually only occurs when I switch between hot and cold settings.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
Are you sure it's coming from the under the hood? It could be under/in the dash? It's been a common occurrence with the 06-07, there are 3 actuators that go bad and start clicking under the dash. I have the same problem with a bad actuator that usually only occurs when I switch between hot and cold settings.
I'll have to look into that. It probably is coming from under the dash. I can live with not starting the car using remote start, but hopefully it can be easily fixed. Thanks for the answer!

By the way, I got 2 flowmaster 40 series' and 3.5 inch slanted tips on the other day. Looks really really nice, and sounds beautiful when it's not at a little less than 1500 rpm. Just a bit of a drone that I'll have to get used to! Really happy with it overall though. I have to wash her again soon and get some pictures uploaded!

Old 12-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mine happens with and without using the remote start, I should have been more clear on that. I haven't used my remote start in over a year because of the CEL (check engine light) has been on because of the 'tighten gas cap' message that still hasn't been remedied yet.....

Congrats on the new exhaust set-up also.....

Old 12-31-2013, 04:25 PM
Default Damper actuator clicking chatter

Have you fixed your actuator issue and if so did you do it yourself and how much of a pain is it? Mine is intermittent when you actuate the passenger side from hot deck to cool deck it chatters for about 30 45 secs then stops. sometimes no heat then it starts working.
I am not afraid to dig into the dash but am to the point where the dealer service guys could fix it for less time etc..
opinions?
Thanks

Old 12-31-2013, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by lemkec
Have you fixed your actuator issue and if so did you do it yourself and how much of a pain is it? Mine is intermittent when you actuate the passenger side from hot deck to cool deck it chatters for about 30 45 secs then stops. sometimes no heat then it starts working.
I am not afraid to dig into the dash but am to the point where the dealer service guys could fix it for less time etc..
opinions?
Thanks
I found out that the clicking has only been a problem when the air is on its coldest setting. When using remote start, the air starts up for a minute and then stops. That's why I though it might be a problem wih the remote start feature.

It's strange, but it may be a result of work I had to have done on the blower after I bought the car since there were problems with that. I'm not sure what the deal is with it, but I haven't done any work to it since my original post.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:00 PM

OK, I now I actually did some more reading on the issue. It's definitely an A/C problem, and it sounds like it might be a pain to get into. I'm thinking the dual climate control has to do with it, but I'll probably just take it in somewhere to get it fixed rather than digging in there myself.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:33 AM

If it is a temperature actuator, don't pay someone to do something that's very easy to accomplish. Remove the glove box and the two screws for the passenger actuator. Purchase one from online and not a cheap one. Make sure you turn the connector to the door that will open and close said door and determine that this is your issue. You may even open your old actuator and reconnect the plastic wheel that has dislodged. My 2006 LT passenger actuator clacked until I viewed a video on youtube that made it possible for me to try myself. It worked. Good luck!

Old 01-10-2014, 09:15 AM

I fixed mine, pretty easy, but a pain. I love not hearing it though ^_^

Old 01-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I head it in my 08 Malibu LTZ it sounded like a heater blower motor? Not too worried about it because it was -20 * at the time. It hasn't done it again