Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Check Engine Help :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Default Check Engine Help :(

Hey Everyone....

This is a weird prob to me but my car was running fine a few days ago. I let it sit for 3 days and when I went out to start it up yesterday, it started fine but i noticed it had a slight miss in it. Drove it to a friends house and then when I started it up again, it started fine but the check engine light came on....when I started to drive back home it would bog out if I tried to "kick it down" a lil. Brought it back home and it sat overnight, then I went out to start it today and it took the better part of 10 minutes trying to get it started. It would just roll over but acted like it wanted to run, then eventually after I kept trying it finally started. I took it to AutoZone and they put their code reader on it and it came back as a "Random Cylinder Misfire". I brought it back home after putting some gas into it and it had its power back and ran awesome, and it started right up. I decided to take it to the store a few hours later and it started with no prob, and on the way to the store the check engine light went out.

Sorry for the long post and yes the light is out now, but I dont know if this is something I should get checked or if it was a simple case of bad gas....any ideas?? Are these cars known to not run good after u dont drive them for a few days?

Thanks!!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:59 AM
Default RE: Check Engine Help :(

Is there anyone that can help me??

Old 08-29-2008, 07:28 AM

How many miles are on the car? Did you change the fuel filter at any time in its life? I would say you got a bad filter so Replace that.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:49 AM

Hi Brian, from the Ohio University area : )
[:-]
Hopefully you got some bad fuel, but as SQ stated,
it may be a good investment to change your fuel filter `if
it has never been changed.
When was your last tune up ?
Do you have the original plug wires ?
Please post more information about your Monte,
and if the problem returns
Good Luck
Also you may want to check the below link:
(Contains GM Codes .& How a Car Computer Works)
[:-]

Old 08-29-2008, 02:06 PM

i would guess u may have gotten a lil sludge in the fuel that was cloggin ur injectors and asd it sat hardened and such...fuel filter should b replaced every 30,000 miles and if u have sludge in the lines it will clog up the filter as well...id change the filter and look for some sludge